f.o.s.k. for TTLDE

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

mrn

f.o.s.k. for TTLDE

Post by mrn »

Finally I am happy to announce the release of the f.o.s.k plugin,
the fastest on-screen keyboard for TTLDE, the ultimate text editor.
From now on you have no more excuses to do onboard coding .) !

A nice screenshot with the downloadable package is now available at
http://fosk4psp.dynamicweb.hu/

Fel free to mirror!
Enjoy!
mrn

PS: Please, mirror and do not link the files from that link,
otherwise that free hosting guys will lock me out.
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

Great job!

Now all we need is p-sprint as an option. :D (I know, I know ... )

I'd love to do all the ctrl-alt-shit stuff with p-sprint for selecting, cutting pasting and so on ... p-sprint is really efficient for that kind of stuff.

Also, I would have liked to do something similar with the analog stick - being able to select text with it for cutting and pasting would really be great. Just make it truly analogue so you can select faster or slower depending, and in any direction.

Unfortunately, the last time I looked at the code of the TTLDE, keyboard reading didn't look like it had a very generic interface there - the on screen stuff seems reasonably modular, but accepting keys not so much. Maybe I didn't understand it enough though.

But it seems it could be a lot of work to rewrite the TTLDE to work properly with more generic keyboard code.
mrn

Post by mrn »

Thanx, Arwin!
Yes, Marking (L+arrows), Copying (L+triangle) and Pasting(L+Circle) are implemented outside FOSK, having the plugin deaktivated.

To be honest, my analog stick has an offset sthng like -25, and it fluctuates quite a lot after touching it. Therefore i feel it quite risky to use multiple speed levels of cursor movement, unless we have some kind of adaptivity of the null-position. I must admit, I do not know how is it in case of p_sprint..

Regarding available keystrokes.. I just checked 'pad.lua' from ttlde.
mrn

ABC-DEF-like f.o.s.k .)

Post by mrn »

yepp, I've received some feedback about the 'not-easily' memorizable 'qwerty' layout.
Well, if you think.., it is really simple to rewrite the layout of your fosk to make it look as you want. for example...

[a|d|g] [j|m|p] [s|v|y]
[b|e|h] [k|n|q] [t|w|z]
[c|f.|i.] [l.|o|r.] [u|x|..]