distorted image

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

Koba

distorted image

Post by Koba »

hey, i tryed blitting an image to the screen, its 460x100, and all it is, is white text, with a black border, its a png image, and when i blitted the image to the screen, it was all smunched and green, has anyone been able to fix this? kuz i've try resizing the image and everything, all my other images work just fine, but not this one... maybe because it only has shades and not any colors? (its black white and gray only) i'm not sure.
oh, and how far is the progress on allowing images bigger than 512x512? kuz if i made a sidescroller, or an entire map, i can't use it kuz luaplayer doesn't allow it... or can a put images side by side farther than 512?
ShUr1k3n

Post by ShUr1k3n »

Just check the Palette of that image...

I think that the problem is that...

Regards,

ShUr1k3n
fullerlee

Post by fullerlee »

As far as I know, the 512x512 limit still exists.

There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to tile images programmatically though, and I imagine that would perform better anyway.

Lee
Koba

Post by Koba »

hmmm this sucks, the intro of my game gets a mikmod error saying it is out of memory... this is why i suggested a gif or somthing for luaplayer, so we didn't have to put 2 billion png's into the programs and animate it... any ideas?
youresam

Post by youresam »

you cant animate, however, you can use a single PNG image, then blit certain parts of it.

screen:blit(x,y,image,beginx,beginy,endx,endy)

beginx and y is the pixels you start at, and endx and y is where you end.

IE:
screen:blit(10,10,someimage,50,50,55,55)
would use from 50,50 to 55,55 of the PNG.