Win98>psp

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Falkon

Win98>psp

Post by Falkon »

I know this isnt that "techy" but its really pising me off.

Ok, I have windows 98se, and I have tried everything in my knowledge to connect my PSP to it. I have the right link cable and everything, but my computer doesnt detect it when i go to add new hardware. once I got it connected (I can remember how), but once I unplugged my psp I couldnt get it to be recognized again. I put it in USB mode and all that, and I have downloaded and installed all the drivers I could think of that would have anything to do with the PSP, including Storage, USB, and extrernal device drivers.... wtf?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Not dev related, moved to off-topic.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

hmm, to be honest, i have never been able to get usb devices to work on win98, why dont you just put the extra time to install xp on your pc. it doesnt require that high specs. i got it running on a p3 233mhz 64mb ram laptop. runs great. its most likely your computer, not your psp. but you can always buy a flash card reader to store data to your media card.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...