PSP Internet Browser

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

KF1

PSP Internet Browser

Post by KF1 »

Someone should make a PSP Internet browser it would be helpful
Im gonna try and makeone but i dont know any programming and i dont have a PSP Yet as im gonna order it
At the moment im looking for a Tutorial on how to make stuff like this
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

You have high hopes but its alot harder than you may think. From what I understand you'd need to know C++ to make the browser and then ontop of that, know HTML to create the the translation system, that will take the HTML code and 'translate' it into what the computer can understand.
MelGibson

Post by MelGibson »

You should start with an open source text based browser and try to compile it for the psp.. e.g. get the source of lynx and get in running on the psp... not an easy task i think but possible...
PSP_killer

Post by PSP_killer »

I heard there was a firefox browser being developed for smart phones. My guess is if some one can get his hands on that one with a little modification it will work with the psp.
XHPrime

Post by XHPrime »

Programming a browser is a lot of hard work even for an experienced person. It took about a year to get a semiworking browser on a modded xbox. and thats a powerful system which is very close to a computer.
Energy

Post by Energy »

The smart phone one has no revelance for the psp, though firefox on the psp would be nice :) lol. However we've got a while to wait, people have only jsut started discovering features of the psp. A few dedicated tool chains and stuff and WHAM. Sony will of released their own.

Might be little point.