Wo:Pure Browser Issue

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Energy

Wo:Pure Browser Issue

Post by Energy »

Hey all - I'm trying to get the wipeout browser trick to work. I have a brand new copy of the game and I've followed the instructions very carefully to get on to the net. However each time I try I just get sent to the wipeout download page.

My PSP is 1.5 and the game as said is brand new and a japanease copy. I have a sneaking suspicion that this new copy seems to stop the trick from working. But that doesn't make sense :(

I set the DNS and set the options to automatic or manual where needed (my psp or the connection is not near me at the moment). I can gurantee that it's set up.

Once on Wipeout Pure, I go to the main menu and click 'online' and I'm offered two options in Japanease. The top option brings up my premade conections or the ability to create one, just like the psp's internal network menu. I select my new connection 'Net Access' and the page loads up to the wipeout downloads page. :S

It was hinted that gamma pack 2 may have a fix in it, so I took the memory stick out, no difference. Could it be possible that they've found a fix? If so how?

Thanks
EdZ

Post by EdZ »

I have the same problem (only with a JP PSP and US W:P). The thing is, it PREVIOUSLY worked. The only things that have changed is installig a new router (same settings, so unless Linksys routers need some settings changed then I don't think it's that) and installing the Gamma Pack 1 (US version of course). Tried various DNS redirectors, and none worked (where they all worked proviously).

::EDIT:: Full power off --> remove MSD --> Power on --> start W:P --> Select download --> Select conection with DNS redirect --> Go to W:P page instead of fugimax portal.

So it's probably not the gamma pack. All my wireless settings were retained, so they must be stored on the PSP itself instead of the MSD. Maybe the Gamma pack stuck in a blacklist of DNS portals (though that sounds a little underhanded, and I'm sure more people would have reported this is it were the case)?

Or possibly the router does need some setting up, but i can't find anything via google on settings needed.
Pikoro

Post by Pikoro »

If you're not using your wireless router for your gateway device, you may have some problems like I did.

Here's my setup:

PSP -> linksys wrt54g -> linux router -> internet

In my case, dhcp on the linksys is disabled, and my dhcp server is my linux router.

On the wrt54g there was a setting for something like dns masqing i think it was, which i had to disable. Also, even if I put a static ip and dns settings into my router, the linux box was still catching all dns requests and proxying them. That caused my psp to always get the real wipeout download page.

To fix it, I had to go on the linux router and set up the dns entry AND disable the wireless router's dns manipulation.

Only a combination of the 2 worked.

Cheers
Energy

Post by Energy »

Ahh well that's probably the issue then. When I get my own network I'll have to go aplaying with the settings. Joys :)
Clanxy

Post by Clanxy »

i can start the connection and after 1min came the connectoin select menu again. i have psp 1.5 jap + gamma1 us
Energy

Post by Energy »

Clanxy wrote:i can start the connection and after 1min came the connectoin select menu again. i have psp 1.5 jap + gamma1 us
hu???
EdZ

Post by EdZ »

No, my Linksys is the gateway too, not just the router (but not the modem itself). That's;

PSP -> Linksys BEFW11S4 -> Cable modem -> Internet

the cable modem has not configuration, and is just a standard modem (i.e. only assigns one ip and one mac address). Not quite sure what's going on here...

::EDIT:: Setting up MooPS on my comp and using the DNS redirect to there worls fine. So it's the router that's causing the trouble somehow.
Phour20

Post by Phour20 »

depending on what IP you have your modem (if RR's) you should be able to optain more than 1 ip.. Me I dont have issues w/ the browser.. But no I havent dl'd the gammas at all and I also have us 1.5.. I wouldnt doubt that theres some weird firmware issue w/ the Linksys.. Seems those are the main ones that have been posting problems..

I dont have and actually router per say.. I have a wireless modem so my routers built right in and even w/ a 192.x.x.x ip address I have no issues.. My only issue is w/ WiFi powersave feature.. (IMO it sucks) I had to turn it off otherwise I couldnt keep a good connection to my modem, if i could even get one.. (was an on/off thing just didnt seem to work right until I turned the feature off)

dont know if this really is any help but just wanted to drop the info..

BTW- For the most part I know my way w/ networking and broadband.. Im a tech for RoadRunner (TWC) I do it all.. :)-
EdZ

Post by EdZ »

Most cable/broadband companies only issue one ip address. i.e. they only connect one mac address (one device, be that a computer, or a router/gateway).

Anyway, I'll try a firmware update when i get some spare time, and maybe pester linksys on why DNS isn't redirecting.
cresthip

Post by cresthip »

I think the gamma 1 pack kills the web browser DNS hack. I have a US PSP with 1.5 firmware. The browser worked fine until I downloaded and installed the gamma 1 pack. Now my changed settings do not work. I'm currently investigating.
cresthip

Post by cresthip »

confirmed. if I remove my mem card and try again the browser works as before.

and the prospect of downloading updates just became much less appealing.
Energy

Post by Energy »

cresthip wrote:confirmed. if I remove my mem card and try again the browser works as before.

and the prospect of downloading updates just became much less appealing.
see that made no difference for me. But I'll be setting up my own wireless network soon. So I'll be able to configure and play. Just means to browse the web u take the mem stick out, for now. I'd prefer an official sony browser, it's not like they're giving us the choice to pay $10 for a browser or whatever. Maybe they could get their arses in gear and release it with the new firmware??? I dunno.
Arjan

Post by Arjan »

I can still browse the web after downloading gammapack1 (jp psp 1.50 firmware). actually, I can now even download the gamma pack, which I couldn't do before :P

As an extra bonus, after downloading the gammapack via PSP, the wipeout pure site menu got two extra blank options (between HOME and DOWNLOADS, and one after DOWNLOADS). If you click on it, it will show up a page saying the page cannot be found. It's not a PSP optimized page though; it doesn't completely fit on screen.