What can I do with a Korean PSP and NUD in the US?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ATLBeer

What can I do with a Korean PSP and NUD in the US?

Post by ATLBeer »

Long time lurker, first time poster

I have a PSP and have been playing heavily with the Wipeout pure browser hack. Have my own portal and have a great deal of fun with what it does but, have become frustrated with it's limited capabilities.

How much more can I do with a Korean version (via the web) with a NUD than with the US version. Can I stream video locally in my LAN (or from the outside at a hotspot with the right software and holes punched in my firewall)? Music, etc?

Also since I don't speak/read/know at all any Korean how much of a stumbling block would that be? I do have a friend who is fluent in Korean that can lend me a hand in the beginning but, ultimately I don't wish to become dependent upon him. Is there an option to change the language in the NUD, etc?

Simply what more can I do with one that the other?
Deathbringer

Post by Deathbringer »

nothing... They use a different internet type than we do. :(
ATLBeer

Post by ATLBeer »

Deathbringer wrote:nothing... They use a different internet type than we do. :(
Can you expand a bit more on that?

(unless of course your joking... in that case shh :-) )
Histo

Post by Histo »

Their internet is the same however, this isn't the issue. The issue being that they are packaging it as a propreitary service. You could I guess emulate that service basically trick the psp into thinking that your on NESPOT when you're only on your home based WIFI. You need to find someone that is good with the korean language or you would have to atleast purchase the Korean UMD and see what sort of requests it sends etc....
ATLBeer

Post by ATLBeer »

Histo wrote:Their internet is the same however, this isn't the issue. The issue being that they are packaging it as a propreitary service. You could I guess emulate that service basically trick the psp into thinking that your on NESPOT when you're only on your home based WIFI. You need to find someone that is good with the korean language or you would have to atleast purchase the Korean UMD and see what sort of requests it sends etc....
Is there anywhere that has described the service designed for the UMD in detail (more tech the better) yet? (Korean or English, I have a friend that can translate for me)

I'm fiarly confident that I can spoof anything on the network layer it can present (ip, dns, etc) but, once we start getting into services I probably can't do much on that side (i.e. emulate their service)

Is there anyway to tunnel the connection to the specific area the service is being used? i.e. If I can get a Korean IP (or a network end-point that is based in Korea, or whatever speicifcs it demands) shouldn't I theoretically be able to tunnel to it and use the service as if I were in Korea?
EdZ

Post by EdZ »

To spoof it, you'd probably need to observe normal NESPOT data flow for a while. So unles you've got a snoooper in korea that can help you. you'd just be blindly flinging data at the PSP hoping to get some kind of response (for the non-HTML standard parts, that is)
ATLBeer

Post by ATLBeer »

EdZ wrote:To spoof it, you'd probably need to observe normal NESPOT data flow for a while. So unles you've got a snoooper in korea that can help you. you'd just be blindly flinging data at the PSP hoping to get some kind of response (for the non-HTML standard parts, that is)
Is there anyone out there working on emulating the back-side of the NUD system?