DVD player for SCPH-10000

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Dr.Wily

DVD player for SCPH-10000

Post by Dr.Wily »

Hi,

I search the file who activate the DVD player for first model of PS2. I do not have the "utility disc".

If somebody has this file (for put in memoru card) contact me by PV.

thank
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Without the utility disc you are out of luck. The dvdplayer cannot be copied between memory cards. You will have to try and get hold of a disc like the BBN which has the latest player on it.
dlanor

Post by dlanor »

TyRaNiD wrote:Without the utility disc you are out of luck. The dvdplayer cannot be copied between memory cards. You will have to try and get hold of a disc like the BBN which has the latest player on it.
You may be correct about the impossibility of copying the dvdplayer between memory cards, but I believe that there may be way to do it. I recently had occasion to copy a game save which was copy protected (Star Ocean 3 Battle Trophies), which the normal PS2 browser refused to do. But using LaunchELF to copy that folder from one MC to another worked fine, and when I tested the copied save it did work fine in-game as well.

If the same copy protection flag is the only problem with copying the dvdplayer, then LaunchELF should be able to handle that too. Just make sure to copy directly from one MC to another, as MC-specific flags would be lost if you copy to/from HDD instead.

However, because copying must be done directly from one MC to another, it is not possible to do this just by sending a file over Internet. Instead Dr.Wily will need to send an MC to someone who has the dvdplayer, so that guy can copy it with LaunchELF and send the MC with the copy back.
(Sorry, I can't help with this myself as I don't have that dvdplayer.)

Best regards: dlanor
pixel

Post by pixel »

For the DVD Player, this not only is linked with some flags in the file, but as well with the magic gate crypto, which, as far as I've been told, is linked to the very memory card the file is stored onto.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
Dr.Wily

Post by Dr.Wily »

Thank !

I need someone who copy this file by FTP in on computer and send me by mail.

But first PS2 models are very rare, and it is difficult to find people who can help me.
dlanor

Post by dlanor »

pixel wrote:For the DVD Player, this not only is linked with some flags in the file, but as well with the magic gate crypto, which, as far as I've been told, is linked to the very memory card the file is stored onto.
That is interesting, though it would mean that Dr.Wily is out of luck then. Still, if I understand you correctly, this is only hearsay, not something you know for certain.

It would be very interesting to have definite verification on this. Like someone actually making a copy with LaunchELF as I suggested, and then report on how/if it works.

Best regards: dlanor
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Giving someone a copy of the dvd player is copyright violation. Asking someone to send it to you is a violation of the rules of these forums.

I'm so damn close to deleting this thread but since you can't get close to doing what you are asking I think I'll just lock it and leave it to deter others.

EDIT: And for the record, it's not just heresay, the dvd player (and some other things) are tied to the memory card and won't work if you attempt to copy them. They are not just "copy protected" like some save games are.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development