Killer-X interviewed!!

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Paloseco

Killer-X interviewed!!

Post by Paloseco »

look at that:
http://www.elotrolado.net/vernoticia.ph ... ticia=9173

PD: this post has nothing to do with 1.5 homebrew so i have started a new thread
nilum

Post by nilum »

This was posted elsewhere, but pretty much every thread involving the PSP-DEV group or the 1.5 exploit has been locked. Apparently it will be released in a few hours. I will let someone else try it out before me. I don't want to brick my PSP just yet. Anyway, the video looks legit. I tried to join #PS2ownz on efnet and got banned instantly and permanently. Maybe there were too many idlers.

Anyway I hope someone tries this exploit out soon, and confirms that it's legit.

I am sure this thread will be locked soon too. But not without a smartass remark from one of the admins
Paloseco

Post by Paloseco »

yeah, #ps2ownz #ps2hacker and #ps2dev sometimes ban people for no reason, do not give voice, etc. Also admins usually do not reply, seems some kind of dictatorial stuff (real sucks people goes to other networks)

Post by Guest »

If you associate with #ps2dev, you will get permanently banned from #ps2own and www.ps2ownz/nfo.com

We do not ban people without a good reason.

But we do lock threads in ways that annoy people.
Paloseco

Post by Paloseco »

I do not mean threads, sometimes at irc (ircap has something to do?)
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Paloseco wrote:I do not mean threads, sometimes at irc (ircap has something to do?)
#ps2dev (and #pspdev) is on irc.freenode.net, not EFNet. We don't randomly ban people.
Paloseco

Post by Paloseco »

Just a question: none of you have ever banned an entire spanish Internet Service Provider?
I refer to webpage, irc, whaever. I am not accusing anyone, I am kust asking for confirmation, do not be angry that is not my intention

Post by Guest »

Actually, many of us have.

The problem is, there would be one person from that provider who would send a bot to the channel and spam messages hundreds per second.

So we would have to ban the entire provider because its hard to know the next address he would come from.

So someone from Spain would complain, and feeling sorry and sympathetic we will unban the provider.

Then the spambot returns within the next couple days, and we have to ban again.

Seemed pretty reasonable to me. How come you didn't know about this ? So what point were you trying to make ? We didn't do the ban to be random or mean, but to keep spambots out of the channel.
Paloseco

Post by Paloseco »

I did not know, like most of users that experience problems. I think banning entire provider is not the best way to get rid of spammers, many irc channels survive to bots and spam without doing that. Also here in Spain there are a lot of providers, so anyone could join from different isp any day and most visible result will be get thousands of users banned. Anyway is so sad to hear that some spanish people are doing that, maybe they are using proxies?

Post by Guest »

You are correct, it was not the best way. After a few complaints, and we saw that part of the address of the bot was always the same, we made the ban better, so it only banned the city or region of that person. So that all of Spain was not blocked.

So, we looked for a way so that we do not have to ban all of Spain.

We don't know why someone did this, but I do not blame Spain for this. There are annoying people in every country.
Chrighton

Post by Chrighton »

mrbrown wrote:#ps2dev (and #pspdev) is on irc.freenode.net, not EFNet. We don't randomly ban people.
Both channels have existed on EFNet long before the freenode counterparts, I'm not sure what you mean by them not being on EFNet.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Chrighton wrote:
mrbrown wrote:#ps2dev (and #pspdev) is on irc.freenode.net, not EFNet. We don't randomly ban people.
Both channels have existed on EFNet long before the freenode counterparts, I'm not sure what you mean by them not being on EFNet.
They were moved to Freenode a couple of months ago.
Chrighton

Post by Chrighton »

mrbrown wrote:
Chrighton wrote:
They were moved to Freenode a couple of months ago.
Seeing as #pspdev at least is still active (EFNet) it would be more accurate to say you and some friends decided to bail and go to freenode, surely? :)
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

What was decided was that ps2dev would move to freenode from efnet by roughly all the admins here and the op's, yes #pspdev on efnet still seems to be active, and so be it, we dont force everyone to move over, actually its been quite nice, alot more actual devtalk on freenode.
Kung VU
Chrighton

Post by Chrighton »

blackdroid wrote:What was decided was that ps2dev would move to freenode from efnet by roughly all the admins here and the op's, yes #pspdev on efnet still seems to be active, and so be it, we dont force everyone to move over, actually its been quite nice, alot more actual devtalk on freenode.
That's fine, and mildly defensive for some reason, I was only addressing mrbrown saying #pspdev is not on efnet, it most certainly is - it's a public channel that existed before your "move" and I don't recall anyone ever mentioning in the channel that it was "moving" to freenode, so I can only infer a "select" few people formed a new channel on another network, this is actually more accurate :) If there is more dev talk there, that is very good. Efnet is good but unfortunately populated with undesirables as well - this is a given with the most popular public irc network, but I'm a champion of the efnet network, so there is my bias :)
almazlamaz

Post by almazlamaz »

damn I cant understand anything in spanish :(