Boot UMD game by booting from memory stick

The dumping ground for the crappiest of posts seen on these forums. Locked for posterity and updated when needed.

Moderators: cheriff, jbit

ultrakyo

Boot UMD game by booting from memory stick

Post by ultrakyo »

I don't know why he moved it the "hall of shame" even though i did not do anything against the rule.

This is my thread, http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2182

I wrote to the moderator the following explanation.
"Hi, I don't understand why you move my thread to the hall of shame. If you read my thread thoroughly, I was asking why the PSP would not boot the game "FROM THE UMD DRIVE" not "FROM THE MEMORY STICK". I was trying to make the PSP "READ THE BOOT FILE" from the memory stick and "EXECUTE THE GAME" from the UMD disc which is inserted in to the PSP."
Back to the original topic, any thoughts of why it won't work? (the question from my thread)

Post by Guest »

I think it worked for me once, but I didn't pursue it because it seemed like an exercise for which I could never get back the time I spent. In other words, there was no value to it. (I didn't want to boot games off memory stick anyway, even if ultimately it was to access the game from the UMD drive).

Perhaps you should explain why you want to do this. That will probably determine whether this thread stays open or is closed again.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

You cannot be this stupid.

Moved to the Hall of Shame, and banned.
"He was warned..."