Nub Question, compiling.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Skye

Nub Question, compiling.

Post by Skye »

I have had some basic programming classes. C, C++, Python. Now I think I know enough to learn how to program for the psp. I just saw where someone released a tut and a example file of how to render polygons on the screen, so I wanted to try it out.

But What all do I need to compile?
I have bloodshed and visual studio.net 2003.

Do i have to have the codewarrior psp dev kit?
Cannot I not use something else to compile?

Skye
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

You should prolly get linux. Haha... you dont need it... but you should get it ;)

Check out the PSP tool-chain on ooPo's site, that should give you a head start in what to do.
Skye

Post by Skye »

Sigh, i got as far as to untar the toolchain file. And as far as to give permissions to the .sh file.

Now im running into this problem, and im sure its just as nubby as my first question.

$ ./toolchain.sh
gmake: not found
make: not found
ERROR: Please make sure you have GNU 'make' installed.

Any advice?

Edit
Installed the latest version of cygwin.
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

Skye wrote: make sure you have GNU 'make' installed.
well do you have make installed?
Just type make at the cygwin prompt to see if it comes back command not found or whatever.
A cygwin install doesn't always mean everything is installed. Re run the cygwin installer, and select to install the 'make' package, this should install it for you.

If still not working, maybe your PATH is bad, but IIRC thats all done automatically for you...
good luck,
- cheriff
Damn, I need a decent signature!
Skye

Post by Skye »

sigh

Im downloading everything,

Maybe i can try in a few hours when this is done downloading.

Got sick of trying to figure out which package contains wget, because wget is not a package.
Warren

Post by Warren »

Yes wget is a cygwin package. Change the view mode in the cygwin installer so that everything is listed as once and you should be bale to find it.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

dont download everything, download what you need, its just a waste of time, and space. and yes it is a package. you probably dont know where to get it. here many people starting out dont know where it is. Also if your using cygwin, you dont have to compile it from there, you can always compile it through bat file. it should have come with your hello world start up. get that to compile and your good. you might have to modify the bat file to your corresponding directories.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...