Another 1.51 Homebrew (3 Mem Sticks)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

mvpo.geo

Another 1.51 Homebrew (3 Mem Sticks)

Post by mvpo.geo »

IM sorry to just post these 1.51 homebrew ideas that I find from other sites but its because the people at these sites and I myself don't have the proper equipment...this time it being 3 Memory Sticks...
THis came from a guy named Bulls84 at psphacker.com.....GOOD LUCK Im hoping some how this works..................
Oh! ok, nvm. I just found out that the 1.50 hack works with 1.51. Just do the following:

1.Do the same stuff as the 1.50 hack.
2. Creat a new folder inside Game, call it MS3.
3. Extract DATA.PASR, save it as EBOOT.PBP.
4. Put it in the MS3 Folder.
5. For 1.51 users you need 3 MS, not 2 MS.
6. So MS1, then MS 2, last MS3. Don't get yourself confused. Cuz I did the first time.

Thanks to all my friends thought of this,
Spamming in your Sig? I never heard of such a thing....
Yoshihiro

Post by Yoshihiro »

the ELF* execution is disabled from memory stick on psp with the firmware 1.51 and 1.52 you can load only the ELF from Ram.

*by ELF i means a elf non crypted .

..::Yoshihiro::..
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

the ELF* execution is disabled from memory stick on psp with the firmware 1.51 and 1.52 you can load only the ELF from Ram.
Yeah I was under that impression...

Have you tried this yourself mvpo?
mvpo.geo

Post by mvpo.geo »

Read the starting post, I don't have the equipment, meaning I don't have 3 memory sticks but it seems this is false. I am sorry if it seems I am posting alot of "Possible 1.51 Exploits" but I just want to get this thing hacked.
Spamming in your Sig? I never heard of such a thing....
Lollerskates

Post by Lollerskates »

when you consider that homebrew apps don't have a data.psar, it's false immediately.
n1ckn4m3

Post by n1ckn4m3 »

The reason swapping works on the PSP 1.5 firmware (among other things) is that the firmware will allow the execution of processes that are not encoded. It still requires signed/encoded/encrypted executables (EBOOT.PBP) that pass the tests. Hence the swap trick was born. Swap a 'valid' EBOOT.PBP for the invalid EBOOT.PBP and poof, unsigned code on 1.5

The PSP 1.51/2 firmware does NOT allow for the execution of non-signed/encoded ELF binaries. It also (AFAIK) rechecks the initial program on a memory card swap.

This trick will not work. Even if the above was false, the memory card reads the file at two specific points: One is when you hit X to start it (which verifies the signature and begins to run the code) and two is once the logo disappears and the code is started. Switching a third time would have no effect, and could potentially corrupt a valid memory stick.

IMHO, worthless idea for a 'three stick swap'. Don't try this, you'll probably end up with a junker memory card unless you have a PC to reformat with.
... anyone up for some l33th4x?

;)