Problem compiling the sample

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

pcostabel

Problem compiling the sample

Post by pcostabel »

I just installed the sdk on my G5 and when I compile the sdktest sample I get the following error:

psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -L. -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib main.o -lpspdebug -lpsplibc -lpspkernel -o sdktest.elf
/usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.0.0/../../../../psp/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 000000000040003c
main.o: In function `main':
main.c:(.text+0x1cc): undefined reference to `g_elf_name'

Looks like it is noyt linking with the correct crt0. should I manually copy it somewhere? I did make install and I have the latest toolchain.

Post by Guest »

Did you also make sure you installed the most recent version of the toolchain, at least the version mentioned by mrbrown ?

I will try it on my G4 tonight... I remember the outpatch program previously used had an endian issue for big-endian systems like Macs, but there should be enough lead ps2dev'ers with Macs now that I wouldn't expect such things to carry over into the toolchain now.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Yeah, the most common cause for that error is having an older version of the toolchain. Also, if you haven't updated your toolchain in a few weeks, you'll want to delete your current /usr/local/pspdev directory before building the new one.

gorim, outpatch is no longer required :).
kl0wn

Post by kl0wn »

Sounds like a problem I was having, must have been an old toolchain as stated above.

I used one of the installers, then overwrote with the latest, fixed that exact problem for me, recommend you try it yourself ;)
pcostabel

Post by pcostabel »

New toolchain fixed it, thanks.