Program for psp's to communicate

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Squall333

Program for psp's to communicate

Post by Squall333 »

I am interested in making a program for 2 psp's i would need help because my programing skills are feeble but im full of ideas.
EdZ

Re: Program for psp's to communicate

Post by EdZ »

Squall333 wrote:I am interested in making a program for 2 psp's i would need help because my programing skills are feeble but im full of ideas.
We have pleanty of ideas. If ideas were all that's needed, then we'd already be running linux and streaming DVDs onto our PSPs, or running full 3d accelerated homebrew games off of a USB HDD. But ideas aren't worth shit (pardonmyfrench) without the code to back them up.
Squall333

Post by Squall333 »

Tell me what we need that we dont have to do this or did you just feel like flaming because your not doing anything use

We have the ability to go from psp to computer and computer to psp. I dont see why we cant go from psp to psp or psp to computer to psp.

Its not like im asking to make a program that uses code we havent already used before. Also just because i said my coding skills were feeble didnt mean that all i was going to contribute was ideas.
EdZ

Post by EdZ »

Squall333 wrote:We have the ability to go from psp to computer and computer to psp. I dont see why we cant go from psp to psp or psp to computer to psp.
Because PSP <-> Computer utilises the built in USB connectivity (i.e. the one provided by Sony themselves as part of the PSP firmware). No-one has coded (as far as I know) a homebrew app for USB connectivity. Let alone a wireless link between PSPs.
Tell me what we need that we dont have to do this or did you just feel like flaming because your not doing anything use
We need a full knowledge of the PSPs wireless protocol interface (i.e. what commands do what) and a program that can access the PSP's file system and send data to the aforementioned wireless link (we can read and write to MS, we already have those commands figured out).

A feasable starting point would be a file browser. Then you can at least look at the file tree from the PSP itself (and maybe move files around if you can get that far). Once the wireless control is figured out, then maybe, just maybe, files could be shared over wireless.
Squall333

Post by Squall333 »

EDIT: Sorry double posted
Last edited by Squall333 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squall333

Post by Squall333 »

Im not referring to usb im referring to psp to computer using telnet the psp and computer can send messages back and forth the only reason i see that the psp cant send more then one message is because the progran doesnt have a way for someone with a psp to write back but with more code i think it could definetly do so and maybe go from psp tp psp or from psp to server to another psp. Any ideas?
dregin

Post by dregin »

Would you not be as well to try connecting to an IRC server?I'm going to try commenting pspPet's code completely to make it a bit clearer how exactly the sockets are being opened/closed etc.
A Minor Threat
Squall333

Post by Squall333 »

Im not sure what your saying but if your asking for help sure im in
dregin

Post by dregin »

Well.... IRC servers take raw txt for commands. It isn't too hard to connect to them or join channels. It would be quite useful too. I've done socket coding in C before but the telnet app's source is mind boggling.
A Minor Threat
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

I have a home-made IRC client made in C with sockets, curses (yes, curses and not ncurses).

If someone wants the source I'll gladly give it to someone. It's not the neatest or most efficient, but it does the job.
Lego of my Ago!
dregin

Post by dregin »

I'd be happy to try port the code to use PSP libraries but I'd need a while to get to grips with coding again :( Damn work placement has me fixing printers all day, my coding has gone down the tubes.

could ya mail it to dregin - sayNO To Sp@m - [at] gmail.com?

Thanks.
A Minor Threat
Squall333

Post by Squall333 »

Whatever help you need dregin let me know