PSPersonalize

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

numchuckskills

PSPersonalize

Post by numchuckskills »

I have tried ever possible solution available to me from Google and my own methods, but I cannot get it to work. It goes straight to the "finished" screen without asking me if I would like to replace the files. I have tried KXploit-ing both of the EBOOTs in the PSPersonalize packages. Simply renaming the folders with a % (never more than one file deep either). My pictures are exactly 150kb, named things like 01.BMP, and are in the ROOT directory. Help me please I'm at wits end with this. Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT:This is probably going to be moved, sorry to the admin who needs to clean up after me...
Not with a bang, but a whisper.
This is the way the world ends.
HaredX

Post by HaredX »

go to www.psp-hacks.com and save some of the pictures from their pspersonalize collection that were specifically designed and known to work with it, maybe you are making your pictures wrong.
robo.saiyuk

Re: PSPersonalize

Post by robo.saiyuk »

numchuckskills wrote:I have tried ever possible solution available to me from Google and my own methods, but I cannot get it to work. It goes straight to the "finished" screen without asking me if I would like to replace the files. I have tried KXploit-ing both of the EBOOTs in the PSPersonalize packages. Simply renaming the folders with a % (never more than one file deep either). My pictures are exactly 150kb, named things like 01.BMP, and are in the ROOT directory. Help me please I'm at wits end with this. Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT:This is probably going to be moved, sorry to the admin who needs to clean up after me...
Maybe its just me but do you mean mp root sorry if it is just me but did you try just puting the bitmap file in psp folder, not the dcim or the mproot or the game folder.................. again sorry if its just me
robo.saiyuk

Re: PSPersonalize

Post by robo.saiyuk »

robo.saiyuk wrote:
numchuckskills wrote:I have tried ever possible solution available to me from Google and my own methods, but I cannot get it to work. It goes straight to the "finished" screen without asking me if I would like to replace the files. I have tried KXploit-ing both of the EBOOTs in the PSPersonalize packages. Simply renaming the folders with a % (never more than one file deep either). My pictures are exactly 150kb, named things like 01.BMP, and are in the ROOT directory. Help me please I'm at wits end with this. Thank you very much in advance.

Maybe its just me but do you mean mp root sorry if it is just me but did you try just puting the bitmap file in psp folder, not the dcim or the mproot or the game folder.................. again sorry if its just me
oh I'm sorry did you crop the image to 300x170?
MindWall

Post by MindWall »

no need to "crop"
just keep it under 150k and 24bit bmp.

get one that works and see if you have the same problem.

keep the images in the ROOT something like x:\01.BMP
g'luck
numchuckskills

Post by numchuckskills »

I have images from the Final Fantasy collection from this guys tutorial (that didn't help me much).

Like I said I have them in the ROOT directory. Not MP_ROOT, or PSP or anything like that.

Is there a PSPersonalize EBOOT? I mean a single one, not this MS1 and MS2 nonsense.
booger

Post by booger »

This may be a stupid question, but what firmware version are you using?
numchuckskills

Post by numchuckskills »

numchuckskills

Post by numchuckskills »

No need for anymore help, thanks for all that you've given so far...

The solution was quite elementary actually, and I feel kinda silly for not realizing it.

I have the file extensions hidden on my computer. So the reason that the app didn't detect the bmp's because my computer saved them as 05.BMP.BMP and 06.BMP.BMP, and such.

I feel sorta silly actually.