finally got cygwin installed.how do i run the toolchain ??

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Blackwidow

finally got cygwin installed.how do i run the toolchain ??

Post by Blackwidow »

hi, i downloaded cygwin without installing and then am installing it from a local dir. it started of great and when it got to /etc/postinstall/update-info-dir.sh it has been there at 98% and hasn`t moved for about 30 minutes. i canceled it and reinstalled without the post install and now it is installed with the shortcut. now i can`t figure out how to run the toolchain.sh script to install it.i have a bunch of tuts here but can`t figure it out. it says ## make the script executable. chmod a+x ./toolchain.sh do i type that in the cygwin window and enter? please give me a break i`m new at this and want to learn how to dev. my own apps and programs. thanks for all the help
etx

Re: finally got cygwin installed.how do i run the toolchain

Post by etx »

Blackwidow wrote:hi, i downloaded cygwin without installing and then am installing it from a local dir. it started of great and when it got to /etc/postinstall/update-info-dir.sh it has been there at 98% and hasn`t moved for about 30 minutes. i canceled it and reinstalled without the post install and now it is installed with the shortcut. now i can`t figure out how to run the toolchain.sh script to install it.i have a bunch of tuts here but can`t figure it out. it says ## make the script executable. chmod a+x ./toolchain.sh do i type that in the cygwin window and enter? please give me a break i`m new at this and want to learn how to dev. my own apps and programs. thanks for all the help
toolchain.sh is a script that builds the toolchain for you. Unarchive the package from oopo's site (tar zxvf toolchain.tgz or whatever) and then run ./toolchain.sh It will build the toolchain for you. Make sure you have wget installed, type 'wget' at the bash prompt and it will display an error if you don't.
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

i typed wget and this is what is says: wget: wget missing URL
usage: wget [option]...URL...
try 'wget --help' for more options
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

Blackwidow wrote:i typed wget and this is what is says: wget: wget missing URL
usage: wget [option]...URL...
try 'wget --help' for more options
that means you have it.
Lego of my Ago!
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

could someone please explain how to add the path to my enviroment variables and how to change my login settings. i got to the point where it installed and compiled the toolchain. after that i tried psp-gcc -v and it said command not found. i still haven`t installed the sdk yet. thanx
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

you need to install wget,

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

i already have wget. and it downloaded and installed all the toolchain files. i just need to know how to set the enviroment variables and change the login settings. thanx
Sirwhizz

Post by Sirwhizz »

Depending on what Version of Windows you are running their are different ways. Win98 and before just run the start.bat and change the pths inside to where you installed the pspsdk. For me it was c:\cygwin\usr\local\pspdev
It might be the same for you.
My start.bat looks like this
set path=%path%;c:\cygwin\usr\local\pspdev\bin
set PSPSDK=C:\cygwin\usr\psp\sdk

If you are using Win2000/XP, right click on my computer, click on properties, click on advanced tab, click on Enviroment Variables,
click new, variable name type

Code: Select all

path
value type

c:\cygwin\usr\local\pspdev\bin
click new, variable name type

PSPSDK
value type

c:\cygwin\usr\psp\sdk
If anyone else adds anything or if I am a bit wrong just correct me. Those are my settings and it works great for me. You will probably have a little difference in yours or it might be totally the same. Since all I did was install from the cygwin screen.
wulf

Post by wulf »

you can also edit the .bashrc in the /home/yourloginname directory in cygwin...
that way all you have to do is copy & paste the "export ..." lines from the readme without having to edit them... that's what I did for my windows machine...
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

ok how do i edit the .bashrc? also when i ran cygwin from a tut it downloaded the pspsdk to cygwin\usr\local\bin and the toolchain to cygwin\home\rod\psphome\psptoolchain. and when i tried ./configure after i cd into usr/local/bin it says checking pspsdk version....1.0beta, checking for pspdev...psp-gcc: command not found, configure error: cant find the pspdev toolchain.use--with-pspdev or set PSPDEV. they didn`t have any paths in the enviromental variables so i added I:\cygwin\local\usr\bin and I:\cygwin\usr\pspsdk. i think i added the wrong paths. could someone look at this and tell me what the paths should be and what i`m doing wrong. i have like 5 diff. tuts here and it`s a little confusing. thanks for the help