ScummVM-PSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Sartrefan2001

increasingly less-stable

Post by Sartrefan2001 »

Sam and Max used to run fine but its increasingly becoming less stable. After the lucasarts title now I get a BSOD. This is what it says

---------------
Exception Details:
Exception - Bus Error (Data)
EPC - 08AD7530
Cause - 0000001C
Status - 20008603
BadVAddr - FF7D63DB
zr:00000000 at:0008FF00 v0:09A417DF v1:09A417D6
a0:09A417D6 a1:0A0000CE a2:09A417E0 a3:0000000B
t0:00000016 t1:00000005 t2:00000000 t3:00000001
t4:00000001 t5:00000001 t6:00000002 t7:00008600
t8: 09A417D6 t9:0A00034E s0:00005F0E s1:09005E50
s2:00000005 s3:00000280 s4:00000000 s5:08FF5CB4
s6:00000000 s7:0890095C k0:00000000 k1:00000000
gp:08B6B6F0 sp:882E8BD0 fp:00000000 ra:089009F0

whew that took awhile to type out, anyway, The Dig started giving me similar BSODs as did Full Throttle, this is the one that happens now after the Lucasarts title screen in Sam and Max that did not happen there before. Any ideas? love this emulator by the way, hope that future version will fully support Curse of Monkey Island

PDA
Sartrefan2001

Post by Sartrefan2001 »

ok I had Indiana Jones and Sam and Max on my mem stick, I deleted both games and copied Sam and Max back over and now it works fine. Is there something wrong with my mem stick or is this a general problem with scumm??
joostp

Post by joostp »

Sartrefan2001 wrote:ok I had Indiana Jones and Sam and Max on my mem stick, I deleted both games and copied Sam and Max back over and now it works fine. Is there something wrong with my mem stick or is this a general problem with scumm??
Sounds like a dodgy memstick.

Thanks for the register dump, but it's hardly ever useful to us.
The next version will support COMI.
joostp

Post by joostp »

Yarrr, there be a new version.
Read the README for the changelog.

Beta 3
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

Indy3 can't be beaten on ScummVM PSP alone since you need to press 3, 6 or 9 to punch Biff the Nazi.
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

Ok, got some problems with Broken Sword 1 on beta 3.

1: Sometimes after you've visited the F5 menu, you'll get a black = white gfx bug (like in MI1).

2. Sometimes one the right side of the screen you'll see some kind of gfx bug. (Something to do with the scaling?)

3. Sometimes the saves gets corrupted. And even if you quit and restart the savegame is still gone.

4. Sometimes the savegame bug I reported in MI1 happens. Your saves disappear from the list, and when you try to save a new one you'll get a "Unable to create file" message, and when you press ok you get a "Unable to write to path" message. If you quit and restart the save will be there again though.

5. On some very rare occations the game fails to load the .clu file. So you'll get a massage about it and have to quit.

Here's a savegame: http://haggar.emuunlim.com/sword1.zip
The savegame named savegame.001 is what's left when the saves gets corrupted. If you load up savegame.000 and go to montfacon, and the press F5 and go back again, you might see the white screen bug, and you might also catch bug 2 if you do whats needed to go into the sewers. And if you continue to play and go down into the sewers and then watch the NeoTemplar meeting and then after you've been back at Nico's place you might see either bug 3 or 4.
joostp

Post by joostp »

Thanks for the report.
To be honest, I don't think anyone has tried BS1 yet.
I've briefly played a bit of COMI, and I know Paolo managed to run BS2 Demo, but other than that, I don't think they've been tested at all.

1 & 2 look to be legitimate issues, the other ones _could_ be related to a flaky memory card. I guess we should await feedback from other people on that.
Phantomdjp

Post by Phantomdjp »

What files do you need with Broken Sword 1, in which folder ?
I've put :

*clu
SWORDRES.RIF
And the folders Music Speech

It start but ask for CD1...
hyos2000

Post by hyos2000 »

Very very nice work! PSP scene is getting very exciting! I've tried DOTT, Indy 3, Indy 4, Loom, Monkey 1, Monkey 2, Sam & Max, Zan MacKracken and THE DIG over Beta 1, Beta 2 and now Beta 3. I've compressed SAN files to SAN-OGG in THE DIG, but sound and voices don't play on PSP. Can I convert this OGG files to MP3? It will work?
Thanks and ... this realase it's awesome
indianajonesilm

Post by indianajonesilm »

Beta 3 bug report:
Music stopped working on Beneath A Steel Sky, other than that it works great. It seems to run noticeably faster than before. I just thought I'd let you know, keep up the great work. Thank you.
Baggins

Post by Baggins »

MikeHaggar wrote:Indy3 can't be beaten on ScummVM PSP alone since you need to press 3, 6 or 9 to punch Biff the Nazi.
Sure you can! There's a huge boulder nearby.... *SPLAT*
PSPSwampy

Post by PSPSwampy »

Hi - great program, thanks guys for this. :)

I've just updated to the beta3.

Running COMI is great, graphics look fantastic on the PSP!
I do have a couple of issues - i think you've already covered them, but wanted to check..

1. The graphic on COMI are jerky - i noticed you've mention graphics speed in the readme.
2. Speech is not syncronised with the graphics properly. Edit: (In the cutscenes)

My main reason for posting is to check that (2) is a result of (1) and not a seperate issue - Ie when you release the next beta or final, with speed improvement on the graphics the speech issue will also disappear?

(I hope that made sense!)

Ps. This is my first post at ps2dev :)

PSPSwampy
(also seen at PS2NFO)
wulfie

Post by wulfie »

Phantomdjp wrote:What files do you need with Broken Sword 1, in which folder ?
I've put :

*clu
SWORDRES.RIF

*.clu
swordres.rif
MUSIC folder
SPEECH folder
Rename speech.clu on CD1 to speech1.clu
Rename speech.clu on CD2 to speech2.clu
joostp

Post by joostp »

PSPSwampy wrote:My main reason for posting is to check that (2) is a result of (1) and not a seperate issue - Ie when you release the next beta or final, with speed improvement on the graphics the speech issue will also disappear?
That's the idea. No promises though.
joostp

Post by joostp »

indianajonesilm wrote:Beta 3 bug report:
Music stopped working on Beneath A Steel Sky, other than that it works great. It seems to run noticeably faster than before. I just thought I'd let you know, keep up the great work. Thank you.
Still works fine here. Nothing changed in Beta 3 with regard to that so check your settings.
joostp

Post by joostp »

hyos2000 wrote:Very very nice work! PSP scene is getting very exciting! I've tried DOTT, Indy 3, Indy 4, Loom, Monkey 1, Monkey 2, Sam & Max, Zan MacKracken and THE DIG over Beta 1, Beta 2 and now Beta 3. I've compressed SAN files to SAN-OGG in THE DIG, but sound and voices don't play on PSP. Can I convert this OGG files to MP3? It will work?
Thanks and ... this realase it's awesome
Ogg isn't supported at the moment. Convert to mp3 instead (note that compressing datafiles can (and will) have impact on the speed of the game)
Phantomdjp

Post by Phantomdjp »

wulfie wrote:
I've put :

*clu
SWORDRES.RIF

*.clu
swordres.rif
MUSIC folder
SPEECH folder
It's what I have. I use a french (multi language) version can it be the problem ?
Sartrefan2001

Post by Sartrefan2001 »

Any possibility of a v3 that would run at 333? :)
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

Baggins wrote:
MikeHaggar wrote:Indy3 can't be beaten on ScummVM PSP alone since you need to press 3, 6 or 9 to punch Biff the Nazi.
Sure you can! There's a huge boulder nearby.... *SPLAT*
Eh? A boulder inside the Brunwald castle? you must be joking ;)
Talking about indy3, not fate of atlantis/indy4.

I've finished Indy3Towns (except for the Biff part that I played on the PC) and ZakTowns now. Same issue with ZakTowns as in MI1CD and Sword1, maybe it got something to do with the compressed sound I'm using?

Or maybe not since I got none of those problems in Indy3Towns.

Also playing CoMI now, but the cannon shooting "minigame" controls are really slow, takes like 30 seconds to move it one "position" in the horizontal direction. The vertical controls are much better though. Bug #2 in Sword1 is also in CoMI.
Last edited by MikeHaggar on Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

wulfie wrote:
I've put :

*clu
SWORDRES.RIF

*.clu
swordres.rif
MUSIC folder
SPEECH folder
I got it like this:

sword1 directory:
CD1.ID
CD2.ID

sword1/clusters directory:
*.clu files

sword1/music directory:
*.mp3 or *.wav

sword1/speech directory:
speech1.clu + speech2.clu or speech1.cl3 + speech2.cl3
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

joostp wrote:Thanks for the report.
To be honest, I don't think anyone has tried BS1 yet.
I've briefly played a bit of COMI, and I know Paolo managed to run BS2 Demo, but other than that, I don't think they've been tested at all.

1 & 2 look to be legitimate issues, the other ones _could_ be related to a flaky memory card. I guess we should await feedback from other people on that.
Hm... I'll try to do a full format + error check on my mem stick tomorrow. Only bought it 2 weeks ago though.
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

Now I've full formatted + error checked + defragmented the memory stick. And I've installed only ScummVM + Broken Sword 1. I still get the save bugs though.

Another save: http://haggar.emuunlim.com/sword1b.zip
Just jump down the mountain and when you get back to nico's place, just get out asap. When you're out press F5 and the saves will be gone. Tested 4 times, same happens every time.

I tested again without putting mp3 compressed music and speech on the stick, and then it works fine without the save bug! Also if you only have music or only have speech it works. But not with both at the same time.

Oh, and both ZakTowns, and MI1CD that I got that bug with had those mp3 music tracks encoded in 22khz 96kbps. While Indy3Towns that didn't get the bug had mp3 music tracks encoded in 44khz 128kbps. Dunno if that matter?
rock_light

Post by rock_light »

Does anyone know if any Leisure Suit Larry games work w/ this ScummVM?
Hi hey hello
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

LSL and other Sierra (AGI and SCI) games is not supported by ScummVM. Check http://www.classicgaming.com/agisci/ for more info about them... No AGI or SCI interpreters has been ported to PSP yet though.

I've now finished BSword1 without music on ScummVM PSP. And I've also finished CoMI without music (because it runs faster without it).

Finished BSword2 too, works without problems, except that it doesn't exit when the credits have finished, just displays a black sceen. And there's a small input problem. If you press Esc or 0 the input gets fucked and all the buttons starts to behave like rapid press/turbo buttons. If you hold down the 0 again, the other buttons behave normally again except for 0 that gets pressed down all the time.

And the language BSoD is still there, when you try to change from english to something else in the "edit game...", you get a BSoD.
Cpasjuste

Post by Cpasjuste »

Hi, first i would like to thanks for this nice port.

I got a few questions :

I have all my sword1 musics in .WAV format, should i convert them to mp3, will it work ?

In my Sword1 root directory, i have some files in 3 format (eg: finale.mp2, finale.ogg, finale.pal) should i convert those mp2 file to mp3 too ?

Wich render mode should we use for sword1 ?

Thanks in advance, see you soon.
The_Who

Post by The_Who »

Super work! Really! Wonderful work!!! I'm so happy to play the classics Lucasarts games on my PSP! Great!

I found only the following bug: when I would like to choose the language on the menu of the game, the system freezes and I have to remove the battery and restart my PSP. Is it normal? I found this error with BASS floppy, Monkey Island 1 VGA and Monkey Island 2 VGA

Keep on rockin'
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

Cpasjuste wrote:Hi, first i would like to thanks for this nice port.

I got a few questions :

I have all my sword1 musics in .WAV format, should i convert them to mp3, will it work ?

In my Sword1 root directory, i have some files in 3 format (eg: finale.mp2, finale.ogg, finale.pal) should i convert those mp2 file to mp3 too ?

Wich render mode should we use for sword1 ?

Thanks in advance, see you soon.
The music will work if you convert to mp3.

The *.mp2, *.ogg, *.pal files, you can delete since they don't work with the current build of ScummVM PSP (*.mp2 = video)

Use the default render.
Cpasjuste

Post by Cpasjuste »

Thanks MikeHaggar for your help.
joostp

Post by joostp »

The_Who wrote:Super work! Really! Wonderful work!!! I'm so happy to play the classics Lucasarts games on my PSP! Great!

I found only the following bug: when I would like to choose the language on the menu of the game, the system freezes and I have to remove the battery and restart my PSP. Is it normal? I found this error with BASS floppy, Monkey Island 1 VGA and Monkey Island 2 VGA

Keep on rockin'
This bug is fixed in the next version.
The_Who

Post by The_Who »

joostp wrote:
The_Who wrote:Super work! Really! Wonderful work!!! I'm so happy to play the classics Lucasarts games on my PSP! Great!

Keep on rockin'
This bug is fixed in the next version.
Thank you :) Without this bug the ScummVM for PSP is GREAT!!!!!!!!

BTW, I found a solution for it: just open the SCUMMVM.INI file on the memory card and edit the LANGUAGE line.

I tried this games on my PSP and they all work perfectly:

- Beneath a Steel Sky
- Broken Sword 1
- Broken Sword 2
- Day of the tentacle
- Full Throttle
- Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis
- Monkey Island 1
- Monkey Island 2
- Monkey Island 3 (!)
- Sam & Max
- The Dig