Booting HomeBrew Apps -My Options???

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

nathan4eva

Booting HomeBrew Apps -My Options???

Post by nathan4eva »

I have looked around the net for a while on various sites for an answer to this, maybe I am after something thats too specific. Ahwell, heres my problem...

...I am a n00b to the ps2dev world!! I have the Action Replay Max Evo USB Drive thingy and I am woundering what is the easiest way for me to execute homebrew ps2 apps.

Currently I have made numerous failed attepts at using ps2link/pukklink and inlink to run programs. Although, whenever I run the ps2link/pukklink .elf files via the Media Player (thats on the AR MAX disc) from the USB memory stick (most people seem to have trouble with the ip address's), once executed they both seem to want to find files on my memory card that are not there. It says what these files are, but I dont know how make a directory and put them there. I have searched to net for a while look for some kind of memory card explorer/manager that would enable me to do this. Maybe I am taking the wrong approach, I am just after someone to point me in the right direction.

Thank You.
radad

Post by radad »

Last time I tried running anything from the Max Media Player they wouldn't run properly. Try LaunchELF, if you get that running then it has a file manager that you copy files and create directories with. It can read USB drives too.
nathan4eva

Post by nathan4eva »

I have obtained LaunchELF and it doesnt seem to run wen i execute it from the USB flash drive, it just freezes when loaded. It works on my ps2 emulator though (strange). I am just woundering, if there are any other options????
Lart

Re: Booting HomeBrew Apps -My Options???

Post by Lart »

nathan4eva wrote:I have looked around the net for a while on various sites for an answer to this, maybe I am after something thats too specific. Ahwell, heres my problem...
This link is stickied in this forum where you created this post. I got started on homebrew recently and you need to have a lot of patience for searching and reading.
(that's not intended to be rude)