Compiling Problem

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

pspguy190

Compiling Problem

Post by pspguy190 »

I have been able to complie nem's hello world for psp but i can't get to compile the source for pspweather v1.05. Here is the error message i get:

Code: Select all

$make
/usr/local/pspdev/psp/bin/psp-gcc -march+r4000 -g -mgp32 -c -xassembler -O -o startup.o startup.s
make: /usr/local/pspdev/psp/bin/psp-gcc: Command not found
make: *** [startup.o] Error 127
Last edited by pspguy190 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warren

Post by Warren »

The [ in your path after psp there might be the problem.
pspguy190

Post by pspguy190 »

That was a typo just changing it
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

download and install the newest toolchain and sdk from svn, then see if you get that error.
Lego of my Ago!
pspguy190

Post by pspguy190 »

can u tell me how to do that. i have been trying for a while but can't get it right. i personaly don't think in the instructions with the pspsdk readme are helpfull. Please help
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

delete everyting you have done already. Clean out all directories and follow http://wiki.pspdev.org/psp:programming_faq
Lego of my Ago!
pspguy190

Post by pspguy190 »

I deleted everything as u said and downloaded the psptoolchain script from opoo.net. Then I followed the instrustions on the psp faq. In the end i also used this command to intall the latest pspsdk:

Code: Select all

./toolchain.sh -p
Then i went back to pspWeather v1.05 source and used the make command. I was afraid to see the error message again.
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

Make sure that you ran the orginial toolchain first... ./toolchain (without the -p)

Do you have all of your enviroment variables set?
Lego of my Ago!
pspguy190

Post by pspguy190 »

I did use ./toolchain.sh alone first then after hours i set the enviorment variables and then used ./ttolchain.sh -p after that i was able to build all of the sample programs but i still get the error for pspWeather
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

pspguy190 wrote:I did use ./toolchain.sh alone first then after hours i set the enviorment variables and then used ./ttolchain.sh -p after that i was able to build all of the sample programs but i still get the error for pspWeather
From what I remember, the PSP Weather program was built before the SDK (or at least at the very beginning). I would contact the author for an update, or try to update it yourself.
Lego of my Ago!