Socket Assistance

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

liquid8d

Socket Assistance

Post by liquid8d »

If someone can help me with opening data connections, could you please PM me? I hate asking for network programming assistance, but I am at a loss after reading article after article about sockets... the only problem I am having is with the procedure for opening data connections on the client end of things...

LiQuiD8d
cyod

Post by cyod »

Are you asking about sockets in general or specifically for PSP? If you are asking about sockets in general then this is probably not the right forum for this question, if you are asking about specifically about the PSP then search for the WiFi sample released by Psppet. It is actually quite complicated, but if you had a more specific question about it I'm sure someone would be more willling to help you than broad questions like this.
liquid8d

Post by liquid8d »

Honestly, I JUST got it working. I didn't want to post for help here, as it wasn't really PSP related, but I had been working on it for the past 4 days or so with no luck.. just needed to read and re-read what was going on on the ftp server side of things, so thanks to PSPPet and PSPKrazy for their code. You should be seeing something soon.. keep your eyes peeled :)

Problem was listening for a data connection via ftp.. had to do the following:

Create data socket
Bind to data socket
Listen on data socket
Create accept socket
Accept on accept socket
Connect to data socket

Seems to be about right.. if anyone has input, let me know, otherwise, consider the problem solved...

LiQuiD8d