New to PS2 with V9 console, Xploder v4 pro and struggling

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Jibber

New to PS2 with V9 console, Xploder v4 pro and struggling

Post by Jibber »

The point I started at was wanting to play some divx files on the tv instead of the pc. This lead me to finding out about Mediaplayer.
I dont want to have to mod the console if possible as I dont really want to play backups.
I have read about using mrbrowns exploit on the MC but cant find that vital bit of info that would help me understand how to do it using my xlink setup. The filenames just dont match so any ideas where to start much appreciated.
redfield

i can tell you what to do but ....

Post by redfield »

Can you give me more details ? where do you give up ?

REDFIELD
jibber

well I've moved on a bit, but ...

Post by jibber »

I got a copy of the exploit and modified it to use one of the PS1 cds I have but if I load it up (in this case to use the naplink stuff) all I get is a red screen.
To see if I could get anything at all running I tried replacing the boot.elf file with a couple of .elf files I found for demos.
I've kind of lost my need for this by getting a new pc video card with tv out.
But now I've started to look into this I would like to get something running.
Jibber

also not to sure if I have a V9 ps2

Post by Jibber »

its got scph50003 bios
ricky26 (aka sillicon)

Xploder V4 using sharkport (xlink)

Post by ricky26 (aka sillicon) »

I hav a similar setup! I wondered if there is any was 2 patch an iso so tht xploder will think its a real ps2 cd, there was 1 4 psx!!! (p.s. i hav xlink and xplorer for psx aswell lol)

Thnx 4 ur help