Is this possible in Lua?

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

pea

Is this possible in Lua?

Post by pea »

I'd like to make an app for making music on the road. I'd like it to have some sort of step/song editor and - most importantly - midi support. It has to load and SAVE midi files.

Anyone know what kind of things would be impossible/hard in Lua? Should I go with PSPSDK?

Thanks!
Jap PSP 1.5 downgraded
LuMo

Post by LuMo »

a.f.a.i.k. its not possible to play midi files in luaplayer, nor saving midifiles (no saving for sound files at all, yet)

greets
"Good artists copy, great artists steal."
Pablo Picasso
go2lumo.com
pea

Post by pea »

PSPSDK it is. Thanks a lot, LuMo.
Jap PSP 1.5 downgraded
booger

Post by booger »

Have you checked out pspkick? Though it doesn't have midi support, it can allow you at least some kind of creative outlet.
Shine

Post by Shine »

LuMo wrote:a.f.a.i.k. its not possible to play midi files in luaplayer, nor saving midifiles (no saving for sound files at all, yet)
Lua is turing complete, so of course it is possible, see http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=22836#22836 , but it is not very fast :-) Loading and saving MIDI files would be faster (because they are shorter) and it should be possible to write a MIDI player, but would be easier to integrate it as a Lua Player function and using just some existing C lib for it.