Unable to launch samples compiled

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

busta

Unable to launch samples compiled

Post by busta »

Hi,

I'm running mac os X tiger, and i have set up the SDK and everything else correctly so i can compile software for the PSP. When i do 'make kxploit' in '/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/samples/controller/basic' everything compiles OK and i get two directories 'controller_basic' and 'controller_basic%'. When i copy those two directories to /PSP/GAME it doesen't show up in the game-menu, i only get two "corrupted data"-icons.

What am i doing wrong?

I've tried searching for this, but haven't found anything.
rinco

Post by rinco »

There should only be 1 corrupted icon. I'd start by checking the EBOOT.PBP files. One should be an elf and the other can be unpacked...
michelangelo:/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/samples/controller/basic matthewh$ file controller_basic*/*
controller_basic%/EBOOT.PBP: data
controller_basic/EBOOT.PBP: ELF 32-bit LSB MIPS-II executable, MIPS, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped
michelangelo:/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/samples/controller/basic matthewh$ unpack-pbp controller_basic%/EBOOT.PBP
[0] 256 bytes | PARAM.SFO
[1] 0 bytes | ICON0.PNG
[2] 0 bytes | ICON1.PMF
[3] 0 bytes | UNKNOWN.PNG
[4] 0 bytes | PIC1.PNG
[5] 0 bytes | SND0.AT3
[6] 0 bytes | UNKNOWN.PSP
[7] 0 bytes | UNKNOWN.PSAR
busta

Post by busta »

rinco wrote:There should only be 1 corrupted icon. I'd start by checking the EBOOT.PBP files. One should be an elf and the other can be unpacked...
michelangelo:/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/samples/controller/basic matthewh$ file controller_basic*/*
controller_basic%/EBOOT.PBP: data
controller_basic/EBOOT.PBP: ELF 32-bit LSB MIPS-II executable, MIPS, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped
michelangelo:/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/samples/controller/basic matthewh$ unpack-pbp controller_basic%/EBOOT.PBP
[0] 256 bytes | PARAM.SFO
[1] 0 bytes | ICON0.PNG
[2] 0 bytes | ICON1.PMF
[3] 0 bytes | UNKNOWN.PNG
[4] 0 bytes | PIC1.PNG
[5] 0 bytes | SND0.AT3
[6] 0 bytes | UNKNOWN.PSP
[7] 0 bytes | UNKNOWN.PSAR
When i run those commands, i get the exakt same output.
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

Quick question - you are attempting to run these on v1.5 or v1.0 firmware, right? On v2.0 you'll only be able to run them using the Eboot launcher app, not directly from the system menus.
busta

Post by busta »

Fanjita wrote:Quick question - you are attempting to run these on v1.5 or v1.0 firmware, right? On v2.0 you'll only be able to run them using the Eboot launcher app, not directly from the system menus.
Yep, 1.50. The strange thing is that if i name the folders like this:

ABC*hit space 30 times*1

and

ABC1~1%

everything works.

Anyways problem solved (kinda).
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

Ah - I don't know anything much about the kxploit method, but I think it depends on the alphabetic ordering of the two names (including the short 8.3 names produced for DOS compatibility). Which, I guess, would make sense with the extra spaces.

The other way I think you can get around it is by copying one of the files to the stick first, but I don't remember which way around it is.