Compiler ?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

XAN

Compiler ?

Post by XAN »

How do i open the toolchain file that autobuilds your toolchain on OoPo's site on Windows? It wont open the .sh extension
pixel

Post by pixel »

You need cygwin's environment. Go to http://www.cygwin.com and click on the "install now" button.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
XAN

Post by XAN »

I have cygwin set up and I can run it but How do I open the toolchain.sh file with it?
pixel

Post by pixel »

You open cygwin's shell, you go to the directory which contains the toolchain.sh script, and you just run it by typing "./toolchain.sh"
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
XAN

Post by XAN »

im a big noob at this. How do I open a directory? I tried draggign the file into the window and it brought up a new blank window
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

I think its time for you to read up on some bash ( wich is the cygwin shell ) tutorial, also on windows you could just skip the toolchain build and install lukasz win32 build wich you can find on ps2dev.org -> tools, but some level of shell knowledge will still be required in the long run.
Kung VU
Darren

Post by Darren »

download losers latest ps2dev precompiled bins. It's still the old PS2Lib but it works great for some of the demo sources and samples that are on ps2dev.org :)

http://www.internalreality.com/
jay69dogg

Post by jay69dogg »

I am following ooPo's toolchain.sh instructions. I'm using Cygwin in WindowsXP Home. I ran toolchain.sh in the Bash Shell by typing c:/toolchain.sh. It said I was missing wget, binutils-2.14.tar.gz,
gcc-3.2.2.tar.gz, newlib-1.10.0.tar.gz, and ps2client-2.0.0.tar.gz. I downloaded them and placed them in folder c:cygwin/home/j. I downladed wget-1.9.tar. I ran toolchain.sh again and it started opening a bunch of files. Then got the following lines:
cvs: not found
wget: not found
blah
blah
blah
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... Invalid configuration 'ee': machine 'ee' not recognized

checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
cc: not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g conftest.c' failed
*** You must set the enviroment variable CC to a working compiler.
ERROR CONFIGURING BINUTLIS (binutils-2.14 ee)

How do I configure the enviroment variable CC to a working compiler? Any other info about this error?

How do install wget in Cygwin? Do I place it in the folder like I stated above? It did not load that way so I'm guessing NO. Do I need a different version of wget?

Also, is there info on how to use Cygwin? I'm new to unix and programming. I need some more info to read.

I'm not sure how to type in commands in cygwin. If I hit "Enter", I get a new command prompt $. How do you drop down to the next line besides using the space bar?

P.S. Thanks ooPo for the website. I'm starting to understand it a little bit.
Jay69Dogg
No programming experience
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

install cygwin with the developer package so you get cc, make and bunch of other utilities, while you are at it make sure you install wget ( in the installer setup for cygwin )
Kung VU