Lua Player version 0.13

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

Shine

Lua Player version 0.13

Post by Shine »

On http://www.luaplayer.org you can get the new version 0.13. Not many new features, but the source is converted to C++ for easier integration with the upcoming PSP 2D library, which will be used for the PSP Python port, too.

The changelog:

- screen:clear bugfix (was always black) [Shine]
- updated Windows version with sound [sweetlilmre]
- JPEG image/screen load and save functionality [Shine]

And I've updated the user mode Lua Player for PSPs with 2.00 firmware, but I didn't tested it.
Last edited by Shine on Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
gengal

Post by gengal »

Works great but the command prompt shows the following messages

NOT IMPLEMENTED: sceGUClearColor
NOT IMPLEMENTED: sceGUClearDepth

why is that??
Shine

Post by Shine »

gengal wrote:Works great but the command prompt shows the following messages

NOT IMPLEMENTED: sceGUClearColor
NOT IMPLEMENTED: sceGUClearDepth

why is that??
These functions are used from the 3D API and from the 2D API. In the 3D API you can call it from Lua scripts and then they are not supported. In the 2D API there are workarounds in the Windows version and you can ignore it.
LuMo

Post by LuMo »

request: update the topic name to 0.13 ;)
"Good artists copy, great artists steal."
Pablo Picasso
go2lumo.com
KawaGeo

Post by KawaGeo »

The version 0.13 for Firmware 1.5 can be found at luaplayer.org.
Geo Massar
Retired Engineer
gengal

Post by gengal »

OK Thanks Shine
ka

Post by ka »

Anyone else see any weirdness when dealing with the timer in .13? I have code that was working perfectly in .11 and after updating to .13 tonight the same code is flipping out. It may not be the timer -- it could be some of the surrounding code -- but so far it looks like the timer is acting up.

I would give more details but I'm still trying to figure out exactly *how* is messing up :)

Regards,
-Ka
MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar »

maybe it got the 1000 times faster timer bug there. Try dividing by 1000.
ka

Post by ka »

MikeHaggar wrote:maybe it got the 1000 times faster timer bug there. Try dividing by 1000.
No it seems to be fine for a while. Then all of the sudden it seems like the timer just stops functioning properly. I'm still testing. Perhaps the 1000 times faster bug kicks in after a while :) I have to end up resetting my PSP when it starts to happen. It's the only I can usually fix it. Then my code works as it should for a while before spazing out again :)

Regards,
-Ka
dkla

Post by dkla »

ka wrote:Anyone else see any weirdness when dealing with the timer in .13? I have code that was working perfectly in .11 and after updating to .13 tonight the same code is flipping out. It may not be the timer -- it could be some of the surrounding code -- but so far it looks like the timer is acting up.

I would give more details but I'm still trying to figure out exactly *how* is messing up :)

Regards,
-Ka
Yes, I have the same problem. Trying to blit a countdown/count-up timer used to work fine on .11 and .12 but upgrading to .13 caused the numbers to twitch between the correct number and something else (possibly milliseconds?). At first I thought it was my code (never!!! :) ) but re-installing .12 seems to solve the problem...

The strange part is that 10%-15% of the time it works correctly, and then the rest of the time it is wacky. Without changing any code. Quite possibly a problem with the Luaplayer build itself??
ka

Post by ka »

dkla wrote: Yes, I have the same problem. Trying to blit a countdown/count-up timer used to work fine on .11 and .12 but upgrading to .13 caused the numbers to twitch between the correct number and something else (possibly milliseconds?). At first I thought it was my code (never!!! :) ) but re-installing .12 seems to solve the problem...

The strange part is that 10%-15% of the time it works correctly, and then the rest of the time it is wacky. Without changing any code. Quite possibly a problem with the Luaplayer build itself??
Same thing here. I dropped down to .12 and the problem stopped. There is definitely something odd in the new c++ converted code that is only intermittent. But until I downgraded to .12 I couldn't nail down anything that triggered it.

I'd be happy to go to .13 for a bit here and there to help try to find the issue if someone has some ideas of things to try in my code that I haven't thought of yet :)

Regards,
-Ka
Shine

Post by Shine »

ka wrote: I'd be happy to go to .13 for a bit here and there to help try to find the issue if someone has some ideas of things to try in my code that I haven't thought of yet :)
would be nice if someone could write a test case for my regression tests, which works on 0.12 and fails on 0.13. I think by comparing clock and timer (with some maximum error delta) should do it.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Shine wrote: would be nice if someone could write a test case for my regression tests, which works on 0.12 and fails on 0.13. I think by comparing clock and timer (with some maximum error delta) should do it.
This would not help, looks like it depends on the system clock and how long the PSP runs. Looks like the PSPSDK clock() function, which is used by the Timer functions, doesn't work.