Inlink+Pukklink question

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

XAN

Inlink+Pukklink question

Post by XAN »

could i use the combination in the title to take screenshots, record a movie, or run a debugger off it while my PS2 and PC are connected via ethernet cable? my set up is like this.

PS2 --------Router----------PC

Is this possible? I know Inlink has a videocapture mode but I cant figure out how to get it to work.
cheriff
Regular

Re: Inlink+Pukklink question

Post by cheriff »

XAN wrote: Is this possible? I know Inlink has a videocapture mode but I cant figure out how to get it to work.
Not as such, Inlink's video capture mode is depends on a TV capture card in your PC hooked up to your ps2's video out.

You could get screenshots if you wrote code to copy the framebuffer back to main memory, then save that to host: as a bmp / tga etc...

There's at least one demo out that does that when you push circle or something. I don't remember which one.. but it's possible.

And as for debugging, i think there's gdb stubs and stuff in the CVS, haven't tried it myself (i'm more a printf kinda guy) but its there. From what i hear it's slow.. I think.. feel free to correct me on that one, people!

So yeah.. as long as you got the IP's right on pc and ps2 side you should eventually get it.
I was thinking of something similar, to dev over ssh when away from home, and see the screenshots on a webpage or something. It'd be ok for simple stuff, but i crash my ps2 too often to bother... (dodgy dma tags...)
Damn, I need a decent signature!
pixel

Re: Inlink+Pukklink question

Post by pixel »

cheriff wrote:There's at least one demo out that does that when you push circle or something. I don't remember which one.. but it's possible.
Aura for Laura IIRC.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.