USB Flash Drives

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

taz030485

USB Flash Drives

Post by taz030485 »

I was wandering if anyone hase working USB Flash drive drivers?

I know that the new ARMAX has Flash drive support and the newest version of PGEN bundled with the PC software can load roms from the a Flash drive.

The main question do you know whether PS2menu and any other emulaters will have Flash drive support or if there is a way for me to edit them to do so?
ole

Post by ole »

I was wandering if anyone hase working USB Flash drive drivers?
Yes, the driver is in cvs. Project name usb_mass.
taz030485

Post by taz030485 »

Thanks for that.

Do you know if there are goning to be an updates to other programs to use the driver?

I was thinking is it possible to emulate a memory card or HDD using a flash drive, like virtual drives on PC?

What I mean is you plug in a flash drive run a program and from then on the flash drive appears to be a memory card.

It's just a suggestion, probably impossible.
ole

Post by ole »

Do you know if there are goning to be an updates to other programs to use the driver?
I think the obstacle for using it in public projects is free usbd replacement that is currently missing
I was thinking is it possible to emulate a memory card or HDD using a flash drive, like virtual drives on PC?
the usb_mass driver is not able to write on the usb device...