okay very simple noobie question.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

blazintildadeath

okay very simple noobie question.

Post by blazintildadeath »

how do you make a makefile...im using a tutorial and im copying and pasting a make file...when i try ot compile it, it says theres no make file...i know to make a C or C++ u have to write (filename).c or (filename).cpp...whats makes extension
HaQue

Post by HaQue »

makefiles dont have an extension. it is just called "makefile"

download the sourcecode to another app and have alook at the structure.
dr_watson

Post by dr_watson »

yes... it's easy to just use the makefile from samples and modify them...
blazintildadeath

MAKEFILE solution

OOOOOHHHH...I FOUND THE SOLUTION....I JUST HAVE TO NAME THE THING MAKEFILE.....WHAT A F***KING IDIOT...U KNOW HOW LONG I WAITED FOR THIS ANSWER !!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!1....TO MAKE A MAKEFILE...JUST USE A TEXT EDITOR AND NAME IT MAKEFILE WITH NO EXTENSION....WHY DIDNT ANY1 TELL ME THIS...
cheriff
Regular

Re: MAKEFILE solution

Post by cheriff »

blazintildadeath wrote:.JUST USE A TEXT EDITOR AND NAME IT MAKEFILE WITH NO EXTENSION....WHY DIDNT ANY1 TELL ME THIS...
HaQue wrote:makefiles dont have an extension. it is just called "makefile"
umm...
Damn, I need a decent signature!
blazintildadeath

i know now dumb dumb...thats what ive been doing...leaving a makefile with no extension...but i havent been naming my makefiles "makefile"...i just called it "make"....and it wasn't working...so i just called it makefile...and presto it worked...no one told me i had to do this...i couldn't find that in the net...no where...so now im happy

ps dont do drugs!
Mr.Modem

Post by Mr.Modem »

Well if you got a problem, look in the sdk samples. They are full of useful information.
blazintildadeath

the only thing i dont know is, is how to program with this thing.... i was only able to compile the hello world....i want to simply play an audio. and have a picture scroll from out the left side of the screen...in a tilted postion ..../_/ then end up dead in the middle of the screen like this [_] and then run off the screen to the right like this .../_/...then wait for 3 seconds in pure black and have the music fade out...is this possible? do i have the power to do this....can i create such a beast on a psp...?...then i want to another real application to happen...but for now could anyone show me some good codes...if ur a genius at coding i'll be ur best friend =D
Dr. Vegetable

Post by Dr. Vegetable »

Look in the pspdev\psp\sdk\samples directory. You will see a number of sub-folders, each containing sample code that will help you get started. There are several audio and graphic ("gu") samples that you can imitate.
HaQue

Post by HaQue »

Once you take the time to learn how to program, you will find these sort of questions won't be asked.

Its saying to someone "can you teach me how to say 'so long and thanks for all the fish' in perfect Japanese?"

You arent going to get far without learning the language.

And programmers get sick of writing peoples programs for them because they are too lazy to learn it properly.
blazintildadeath

yeah i was thinking of just imitating shit. but i was sorta worried for copying shit....i dont want to steal no one elses work...but i guess its being done by every1 now and days so i guess ima have to do it that way...time to pull some cigarettes out...
blazintildadeath

but is it that complicated to write a code that does that??i mean it sounds simple to do so someone should know to write a code like that....besides how the hell to u manipulate pictures in c language.??? i know how to do some simpling declaring of integers and variables, defining, and etc, but i dont know how to write a shell with a display in the back or load a bitmap or jpeg for a video game...i wanna just run animation and create objection collisions and shit for the psp...by the way could u use headers from c alone...i know the psptoolchain got its own unique headers but how the hell do u use other headers...could u even use them...such as <iostream.h> etc...
HaQue

Post by HaQue »

Please read again - learn how to program and you won'y need to ask stuff like this.

It is fine to use other peoples source code, why do you think they give it out in the first place. If you do though, they expect that you say a little thanks in your comments somewhere, thats all.

What you should do is first grab the simplest sourcecode. try it, compile it and run it. Then try to understand whats going on in the sourcecode, just a simple hello world is not just one line!

Then get some sourcecode with images. look at each part of the sourcecode and start learning what each part does. Break the learning down into parts and learn it!

It really isn't that hard when you start getting into it.

remember that WE can help you write the program, but it is up to YOU to do the harder work of understanding it.

If you dont do this you will never be able to do anything else but use other peoples sourcecode, so you may as well not bother.

Hoping that helped,
HaQue
blazintildadeath

hey thanks

Okay thank you.
seventoes

Post by seventoes »

Yeah, I started learning C after i learned HTML, which was a pretty hard transition... especially since i was 10. Now, 4 years from then, i still have barely gotten the hang of all of the features of C, and ive started learning C++. Its taken me 4 years to BARELY get a grasp on the langauges, but thats probably because i tried teaching myself using tutorials off the internet :P
I only ask for help after some intense googling to see if i can find the answer myself.