devkitpsp samples

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

MikeDX

devkitpsp samples

Post by MikeDX »

Is it worth me submitting a patch that fixes all the makefiles to create eboots rather than the plain .elf that some makefiles output.

Also I could submit something that automatically adds /c/devkitpro/devkitpsp/bin to the path when msys is launched - this will enable true out of the box setup and launch.
seventoes

Post by seventoes »

add "EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP" to your makefile and it will make an eboot...
MikeDX

Post by MikeDX »

I'm aware of how to do it. I just wondered if it was worth modifying the handful of makefiles that DO NOT have that line so that the examples could be built easier.

Lack of response, hardly worth it.
weltall

Post by weltall »

maybe it's a choice...
seventoes

Post by seventoes »

Yeah, some people dont want to make an EBOOT quite yet. Maybe they just want to make the elf for debugging.

Oh and not all people use DevKitPro, so their paths arent going to be the same. I use PSPSDK installed with the Oopo toolchain.
MikeDX

Post by MikeDX »

I think the point has been totally missed. I was merely offering to make all of the example makefiles uniform across the examples, instead of needing to edit them manually. there are no hard coded paths in the makefiles.
Dr. Vegetable

Post by Dr. Vegetable »

Personally I think this is a good idea, and a generous offer of your time and energy.
seventoes

Post by seventoes »

Oh... Well you said nothing about the samples... That would be a good thing though, because i got confused at first from the samples not making an eboot.
MikeDX

Post by MikeDX »

my apologies..

it's one of those things where i've only actually written half of what my brain was thinking, somehow thinking it made sense.. although in my defense the topic title was "devkitpsp samples"