TITLES.DB tool or sample file

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

AntiPasta

TITLES.DB tool or sample file

Post by AntiPasta »

I have downloaded the Independence Exploit installer (with PS2link) by Sjeep, however it doesnt include the TITLES.DB file. The readme says the following about it:
1) Create your TITLES.DB file using the utility found at http://www.0xd6.org
Well, apparently 0xd6.org is down, and the page mirrored at archive.org doesnt have any reference to said utility. Anyone of you have the program on your harddisk or maybe a link to it? A sample TITLES.DB file would be okay too :)
Thanks in advance!
VectiS

Post by VectiS »

AntiPasta

Post by AntiPasta »

Cheers, I couldnt get it to compile (I dont have the compiler installed properly as of now) but I found a win32 frontend (and the compiled titleman) somewhere. Gonna try the knife trick in a few mins :)
AntiPasta

AAARGH

Post by AntiPasta »

Okay, I have burned the exploit in Mode 2 to a 8cm mini-CD-R (I had no normal ones :oops: )
I heard that one has to use CDgenPS2 and manually set SYSTEM.CNF's LBA to 12231, so that's what I did. I took my MC + disc to a friend of mine with a Neo-modded PS2, we tried to boot the CD various times, but to no avail :(

Am I doing something wrong? Can't the PS2 boot mini-CD's? Doesnt the system.cnf file need to be at LBA 12231?