PMP Mod v2.02 & PMP Mod AVC v1.02

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

wooolF

Post by wooolF »

my link points at jonny's original version because the thing Theelise was speaking of is mallocs mod of PMP mod by jonny (and link to the PMP mod as you were curios about it).

How does brightness help... Eingang would know...
Last edited by wooolF on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
therock003

Post by therock003 »

csuper wrote:Just for info... :

PMP encoding with subtitles are well managed with the 3 GP Converter... :)
http://pspupdates.qj.net/2006/01/3gp-co ... d-for.html

Requirement : just the same name with "videoname.avi" and "videoname.srt" in the same directory... with a PMP profile selected.
=> just remember that you just need to drag & drop the "videoname.srt" file on the box ;) - not the .avi

csuper.
Interesting,only thing that troubles me is the fps selection.Could it be possible to autodetect the input fps,so i want have to check a videos info and select it every time?
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

jonny wrote:@wooolF: can you give me mencoder commandlines and exact mencoder version you use?

i guess malcoms=malloc :)
I use this bat here:

Code: Select all

@echo off
rem PMP creator script by dbl v0.1
rem (supports up to 9 files at a time)
rem To use, simply drag source video files onto this batch file.

:: --user configurable section starts--

:: audio
::set desired bit rate
SET brate=128

::video
::set desired bit rate
SET vrate=768

::aspect ratio
::set desired aspect ration (square or wide)
SET aratio=wide

::command-lines
::full paths to mencoder, mp3gain, and pmp_muxer
set me="C:\memcoder\mencoder.exe"
set mg="C:\memcoder\mp3gain.exe"
set pm="C:\memcoder\pmp_muxer.exe"

:: --user configurable section ends--

if %aratio% == square SET width=360
if %aratio% == wide SET width=480

:getfile
if "%1"=="" goto end
%me% %1 -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=%width%:272 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vhq:turbo -af resample=44100:0:2 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=%brate% -of rawaudio -o %~dp1%~n1_PMP.mp3
if NOT %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto err

%me% %1 -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=%width%:272 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:vhq:vbitrate=%vrate% -nosound -o %~dp1%~n1_PMP.avi

%mg% /c /r /s s %~dp1%~n1_PMP.mp3

%pm% %~dp1%~n1_PMP.avi %~dp1%~n1_PMP.mp3 %~dp1%~n1.pmp
del /q *_PMP.*

shift
goto getfile
:err
echo Something went wrong during encoding of %1
echo press ctrl+C to quit or any key to continue
pause
shift
goto getfile
:end
echo All done
pause
[/size]

Aaaand...
MEncoder dev-CVS-060101-18:59-4.0.2
MPlayer dev-CVS-060101-18:59-4.0.2

I also heard that those settings are very good:
DivX, First Pass 4854, 4-Pass 1500, Forming, h2.63 optimized, first filter "sharpen" with 20, cropped, second filter resizing, lanczos3
I'm just not sure how to use those...

Basically... I want the best quality... size doesn't matter =) and the most important is this:
By the way... Did anyone uses WinMEnc 0.5x to convert their DVDs to PMP? I *really* need an example of your winmenc.ini file if you do. I'm interested in main movie, audio track AND SUBTITLE.

Or using ANY OTHER app to archive the same result (source is DVD, result is movie + audio + subtitle)
Theelise

Post by Theelise »

wooolF wrote:my link points at jonny's original version because the thing Theelise was speaking of is mallocs mod of PMP mod by jonny (and link to the PMP mod as you were curios about it).

How does brightness help... Theelise would know...
Ok i think someone is a little confused here? :)

I was aking what malcoms mod (which we now know to be malloc's mod which makes sense) can do with the brightness? Has there been an update to mallocs mod that i have missed that includes the ability to ammend the brightness/levels that were were previously not able to do? Judgine by what was said about mallocs mod (or malcoms mod as it was called by said person) was that by using the mod this somehow helped with the video quality. I am just curious as to how? If i have missed something simple i honestly cant seem to grasp or find what i have missed.

As for the pointing to the origonal PMP Mod i understand you all good intentions were ment however i knew/know about PMP Mod and have folled it for some time and have been using it for some time however after reading those comments i presumed i had missed an update that alloed the adjustment of brightness by someone called malcom.. coz that what he wrote? and it baffled me? and still is? :-)
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

Theelise wrote:
wooolF wrote:my link points at jonny's original version because the thing Theelise was speaking of is mallocs mod of PMP mod by jonny (and link to the PMP mod as you were curios about it).

How does brightness help... Theelise would know...
Has there been an update to mallocs mod that i have missed that includes the ability to ammend the brightness/levels that were were previously not able to do?
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=32269#32269
BaLdMoNkEy

another update :p

Post by BaLdMoNkEy »

For those who care, ive updated PSPMPVerter to v0.9 with a few new features

check it out here
reveine

Post by reveine »

Thank you very much BaLdMoNkEy. I'll give it a try. One question, what resizing method do you use?
TestType

Post by TestType »

Thanks BaLdMoNkEy, nice program.
I always run into problems when I load a 4:3 (eg. 640x480) video into it though, the resolution calculater gives an error and chooses a resolution of 480x360 instead of 360x272. Is it just me or is that a known issue?

And a million thanks to Jonny since this is my first post in this thread! :D
Last edited by TestType on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSP: Japanese Firmware 1.0 :: 1gb SanDisk Memory Stick
permarco

Post by permarco »

great work BaLdMoNkEy, i was using your tool since the first release and i find it the best solution available right now for encoding pmps :D! Only one suggestion, in a future release can you implement the audio gain option in the lame codec (simply vol=0-10)?

thank you :D

jonny ... great work :D
yoshaw

Post by yoshaw »

Here is the Infamous Killzone PLAYSTATION 3 direct-feed DVD trailer for all PS3 videogame fans. I had to tone down the framerate to 25fps in order to remove the audio crackling. Which resulted in a rather not so smooth video as it could had been with 29.97fps(Don't worry, even at 25fps it looks phenomenal). And still 10x better than having stutters IMO.

Killzone PLAYSTATION 3
http://rapidshare.de/files/10947597/Kil ... d.pmp.html

Motorstrom PLAYSTATION 3
http://rapidshare.de/files/10949537/Mot ... s.pmp.html

@ Jonny
I think the stuttering occurs with 29.97fps+high intensity video scenes. I've had tried several movie DVD's and they were fine at 29.97fps PMP fromat.

But all the gametrailers that I have made into PMP keep having trouble at 29.97fps. So I guess it's got to do something with the amount of onscreen mayhem n stuff. Probably PSP's processor can't decode 29.97fps with so much going on in gametrailers, which are all usually pretty fast and hectic to begin with.

I wish you luck jonny, I have no idea how else I can help you but this above is what I've concluded after experimenting with 10's of files ranging from movies to trailers since the day you made PMPMod public. Hope you can figure out something from it to fix it in the next release. I know I haven't helped a single bit with the above mentioned stuff, sorry for that. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for a remedy for this situation!
Last edited by yoshaw on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
arex

Post by arex »

wooolF wrote:By the way... Did anyone uses WinMEnc 0.5x to convert their DVDs to PMP? I *really* need an example of your winmenc.ini file if you do. I'm interested in main movie, audio track AND SUBTITLE.

Or using ANY OTHER app to archive the same result (source is DVD, result is movie + audio + subtitle)

Please share the fun =) Thanks
i convert DVDs to PMP with winmenc 0.5x.

put mplayer.exe to the folder which mencoder.exe & winmenc in.

but with the mplayer060101 i can't do it either,you can try some other mplayer.exe,may be it works.

then ,choose the DVD-rom which the disc in. after this you can choose subtitle and audio track and etc...
softgun

333?

Post by softgun »

Sorry guys, newbie here

does this newest version of PMPMOD force the PSP to run @ 333 mhz? thanks!
Itaintrite

Re: another update :p

Post by Itaintrite »

BaLdMoNkEy wrote:For those who care, ive updated PSPMPVerter to v0.9 with a few new features

check it out here
Tried converting an avi file. Got error log:

Ignoring video stream!
MP3 audio selected

Skipping frame!

Skipping frame!

CBR audio: 16000 bytes/sec, 418 bytes/block
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

arex wrote: i convert DVDs to PMP with winmenc 0.5x.
put mplayer.exe to the folder which mencoder.exe & winmenc in.
Could you share your winmenc.ini ? I just have to make sure that everything is as it should be. Thank you. :)
csuper

Post by csuper »

therock003 wrote: Interesting,only thing that troubles me is the fps selection.Could it be possible to autodetect the input fps,so i want have to check a videos info and select it every time?
You are interested in keeping the original framerate right ?
I will look into it...

Edit :
---------------
easy for the 25fps of 3GP
Edit the file "Transcoding.ini" <- with PMP profile...
In the configuration line of ffmpeg just change/erase the "-r 25" parameter (force another framerate or keep the original).

csuper.
Last edited by csuper on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
csuper

Post by csuper »

Itaintrite wrote: Got error log:
Ignoring video stream!
MP3 audio selected
Skipping frame!
Skipping frame!
CBR audio: 16000 bytes/sec, 418 bytes/block
The script begins by working on the audio ... so normal.
But the fisrt pass video (prep phase) is working on "background" (file "divx2pass.txt" is normally growing during this phase...)
Itaintrite wrote: New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
You need to have the file subfont.ttf in the directory "mplayer"

example :
c:\mencoder.exe
c:\mplayer\subfont.ttl

You need this file for the hardsubbing feature to work...

csuper.
jonny

Post by jonny »

@reveine:
check pm plz

@wooolF:
maybe i've misunderstood, the clip you have posted is about getting "first frame is not a keyframe" error or only for testing general encoding parameters?

@yoshaw:
I think the stuttering occurs with 29.97fps+high intensity video scenes
yeah this is know (it's written in the specs :)
the current code handle around 30-32fps (average), so, to play in a safe side, no more than 25fps are recommended.

@softgun:
does this newest version of PMPMOD force the PSP to run @ 333 mhz?
sure
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

jonny wrote:@wooolF:
maybe i've misunderstood, the clip you have posted is about getting "first frame is not a keyframe" error or only for testing general encoding parameters?
I posted that URL so people could try to use it as source file (because it got best possible quality and it's not that big), so the result file can have the best possible choice to look good visually.

As said earlier, I've tried many applications now for reencoding from that HDTV source file, but I'm not happy about the end result. It's not near UMD quality, that's for sure.

That's why I've asked if anyone that DID managed to get very good result would post their settings, what application they've used... maybe some little guide/tutorial...
xxxstarmanxxx

Post by xxxstarmanxxx »

wooolF wrote:By the way... Did anyone uses WinMEnc 0.5x to convert their DVDs to PMP? I *really* need an example of your winmenc.ini file if you do. I'm interested in main movie, audio track AND SUBTITLE.

Please share the fun =) Thanks
Hello mate:

1st things 1st - Rip dvd to hardrive in dvd mode not as one large vob - or you can encode on the fly from the dvd drive - but I dont like doing that as it slows down the process.

Heres a bat file of my 2pass encode of I Robot using 0.5x:

mencoder.exe -sws 9 -subpos 90 -subfont-text-scale 3 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -font "I:\mencoder\mplayer\gbsn00lp16\font.desc" -vf scale=480:272,harddup -sid 1 -chapter 1-40 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=786:pass=1 -dvd-device "g:" dvd://1 -nosound -o NUL: 2> 2.txt
mencoder.exe -sws 9 -subpos 90 -subfont-text-scale 3 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -font "I:\mencoder\mplayer\gbsn00lp16\font.desc" -vf scale=480:272,harddup -sid 1 -chapter 1-40 -oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=0:cbr:br=128 -af volnorm -srate 44100 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=786:pass=2 -dvd-device "g:" dvd://1 -o "I:\\I_ROBOT_SPECIAL_EDITION_DISC_1.1.XviD.avi" 2>> 2.txt
call pmpmux.bat "I:\\I_ROBOT_SPECIAL_EDITION_DISC_1.1.XviD.avi"

What I have found is that subs are only selectable when you first insert the disk when you copy direct from the drive - so if you fiddle about or cancel an encode because you're not sure everything is set up - make sure you eject the disk and re-insert.

Personally I rip the whole disk to harddrive first in dvdr mode not vob mode.

Under DVD tab select your sub track which is usually 1 but sometimes can be 0 - you can check the subtrack by firing the disk up in winDVD or any other dvd playing software you have on your PC.

Under subtitle tab: set load sub to srt and under encode mode ensure you use dvd mode.

Thats all thats needed mate - Works perfectly - winmenc is by far the best encoder around!!

Hope that helps

J.
plast4220

ZOOM

Post by plast4220 »

Thanks everybody to answer my question before.

I try to crop a video to cut black lower and upper bar.

I use virtual dub.

I manage to crop using filter. But when 1 save as in avi is very big more than the original size !

I try compression xvid in virtual dub and the file is always big !

Can you help me ?

PS : i put other filters sharpen and brightness. Is it the problem ? I don't think so.

Thanks in advance.

Plast
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

@xxxstarmanxxx

Great responce! thanks a lot :) will try it ASAP. By the way, care to attach/post your INI file here? Just so I'll be sure mine looks in same way (more or less). Have a nice weekend!
daume

Post by daume »

after many tries ,

i only use belight+virtualdub or winmenc 0.5x beta

because both have sometimes problem but gives both very good results

i always use 192k sound 1024k xvid 2 pass 480x272 (if 16:9)

but sometimes belight doesnt want to rip the audio of a avi

and sometimes winmenc (last time with an AC3 xvid avi) gave me the key frame error

but winmenc is still the best to use , really fast + easy + great quality (around 600mo for a 700mo avi and around 30min)

but with winmenc i didnt succeed to ripping directly a dvd into pmp :'( so if someone has a solution (i dont want to rip my dvd into an xvid avi .. before encoding into pmp (too long) it would be nice

i am still working on it , i am really sure that it is possible but when i put a dvd in my drive , i select dvd in winmenc etc but i cant choose audio , sub etc :'(

thanks for help
thanks jonny, malloc
great job !!
++ all
reveine

Post by reveine »

@ Jonny

I completely forgot I have pm since I just registered here :p sorry for making you wait. Actually I already deleted the files with error, but after I checked the pm, I recreated a new pmp with the same settings mentioned before. And Luckily, the "first frame is not a keyframe" error is still there. I'm relieved. (^.^)

I encoded using winmenc 0.5x, MPlayer-mingw32-dev-CVS-050928, and these settings:

DIVX 480x272,
mp3: 128, 44100hz
video: 511 kbps, 1-pass
original video frame rate (29.97)
very high quality encoding enabled.

you can find the problem file here (18MB)

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f= ... fa59c7d037

BTW, the source video begins with a black screen. So it might be related to the error.
Last edited by reveine on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
&#12541;(&#65344;&#12540;&#65344;)&#12494;&#65396;&#65433;&#65426;&#65405;
..&#65288;&#65343;&#65343;&#65289;__
&#65372;&#38651;&#36554;&#30007;&#65372;&#65374;&#65374;
&#9678;&#65507;&#65507;&#65507;&#9678; &#12371;&#12429;&#12371;&#12429;&#65374;
miemt11

PMP Simple Converter 0.04 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

Post by miemt11 »

PMP Simple Converter 0.04 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

Develop by miemt11 Date 14 Jan 2006
----------------------------------------------------

Convert any video (rmvb, rm, avi, mpg, wmv, asf) to PSP PMP format

===================================================================================

Change from version 0.03
1: add volume gain option (0-default to 10- Loudest but noisy)
2: add bit_exact option (Use only bit exact algorithms when a need of binary identical files)
3: minor fix

Download here
http://rapidshare.de/files/10958793/PMP ... 4.rar.html
or

Here

http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MG98 ... F2OELFNVWT

Component Requirement:

1: Get all the memcoder component from here
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html
and intall all any directory you like. e.g. C:\Memcoder

for real media and windows media video format you need the codec from here
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/codecs.html

2: Put pmp_muxer.exe to the intall directory e.g. C:\Memcoder

3: Now extract my PMP Simple to the intall directory e.g. C:\Memcoder

4: .Net Framework Runtime 2.00 from here
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... tnetfx.exe
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

Great work, miemt11! Keep it up man :)
Rajjjaa

Post by Rajjjaa »

arrrghhhh!

I've got the encoding working fine (using PSPMPVerter 0.2, nice work baldmonkey, I'll try 0.9 later on!), no problems there - it's just driving me nuts that I have a dual-core AMDx2 4600 with one core doing nothing when I encode, yet people have said that they've got both cores running on divx/xvid encoding. Anyone got any clues as to how to get encoding in multi-threaded mode?

Any help would be a god-send, thankyou
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

BaLdMoNkEy wrote:For those who care, ive updated PSPMPVerter to v0.9 with a few new features

check it out here
Getting errors each time I open some AVI... tried diff. resolutions, always get the same error as soon as it tries to open AVI... :/
AZImmortal

Re: ZOOM

Post by AZImmortal »

plast4220 wrote:Thanks everybody to answer my question before.

I try to crop a video to cut black lower and upper bar.

I use virtual dub.

I manage to crop using filter. But when 1 save as in avi is very big more than the original size !

I try compression xvid in virtual dub and the file is always big !

Can you help me ?

PS : i put other filters sharpen and brightness. Is it the problem ? I don't think so.

Thanks in advance.

Plast
I'm guessing you didn't set up compression for your output video. Try following the tutorial that was posted earlier in this thread about using Virtual Dub Mod, particularly the part about setting up Xvid compression.
k0nan

Post by k0nan »

wooolF wrote: As said earlier, I've tried many applications now for reencoding from that HDTV source file, but I'm not happy about the end result. It's not near UMD quality, that's for sure.
I encoded the Band of Brothers DVD set last night, 1000 kB/s, 2-pass divx, 128kbps mp3, Winmenc 0.5x (output size ~380MB for 52mins). The results are simply stunning, same as the Spiderman 2 trailer.

I have yet to watch a UMD movie so I can't compare. But UMD is 1.8GB, comparing PMP to UMD video is like comparing divx to DVD. In all fairness, I think you should be comparing your output to what PMP is meant to replace, i.e. MP4 at 320x240. I will never go back to MP4 again and just cancelled my ipod video order, thanks Jonny. :)
jvpsp

keyframe

Post by jvpsp »

first of all, Jonny, you're the man!

thank you for a brilliant piece of software.

I don't know too much, but I think i've found a quick and dirty solution for the "first frame is not a keyframe" problem with mencoder.

Just use the switch '-ss 00:00:01' when demuxing. This will seek past the first second of the movie/clip, and then start.

This worked for me on 2 clips that consistently gave this error, might not work every time.

But try and let us know.

once again, good work Jonny!