EBOOT Startup Splashscreen & sound?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Stellar

EBOOT Startup Splashscreen & sound?

Post by Stellar »

I noticed that the the nintendo emulator ( nesterj i belive ) shows a splash image while playing music, and displaying video in the icon before you actually choose to load that program. how can this be done, links? suggestions :) ?

I didnt know what to search under for this, so i dont know if its been posted before? also, the search is a bit quirky anyway :/

EDIT : I found the source here http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/PSPSof ... esterJ.htm

EDIT2 : ok, i found the source, and im still having trouble finding the slashscreen section, so if anyone has any info, please post :D .

thanks,
-stellar
patpsp

Post by patpsp »

If i have understood your question, the answer is in the Makefile of the project.
urchin

Post by urchin »

Yeah, it's not actually part of the code - look for "mksfo" and "param.sfo" in the makefile.
Stellar

Post by Stellar »

got it, thx guys

edit : ( for others, just add ... )

PSP_EBOOT_ICON1 = NULL
PSP_EBOOT_ICON = SomePath/ICON0.png
PSP_EBOOT_PIC1 = AnotherPath/PIC1.PNG
PSP_EBOOT_SND0 = SND0

to your makefile before you include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak
Timale-Kun

Post by Timale-Kun »

U Can edit the eboot.pbp who contain the homebrew's icon with pspbrew 0.53, The animation is a .PMF File and the Music sound is a .AT3 File, I made a tutorial How to modify the Homebrews but sorry it's in french if u understand french PM me. I hope using PSPBrew 0.53 will teach u how does it work if u can find the source code....See Ya