PMP Mod v2.02 & PMP Mod AVC v1.02

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

Sorted,
I think what xxxstarmanxxx said is what you want to do. Will try that now and see how it works...
Jan 18th v.0.07 - PMP Simple Converter by miemt11 to use with PMP MOD Player on your PSP PACKAGED ready. http://rapidshare.de/files/11293003/PMP ... k.rar.html
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=33359#33359
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

xxxstarmanxxx,
I tried using your package, it comes with following:

I copy everything to my own package and have following:

*notice, my Hp.vob (harry potter clip)

I use CMD and type following:

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Simple Converter 0.05 ReadyPack>pmpmux.bat Hp.vob
I get bunch of output...ending as following:

Audio stream:  384.000 kbit/s  (48000 B/s)  size: 9180956 bytes  191.270 secs

C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Simple Converter 0.05 R
eadyPack>pmp_muxer "C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Sim
ple Converter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.vob" "C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Deskt
op\Copy of PMP Simple Converter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.mp3" "C:\Documents and Setting
s\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Simple Converter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.pmp"

PMP Muxer v1.00 by jonny

GNU........ info....

use: pmp_muxer "video.avi" "audio.mp3" "output.pmp"

Processing video ...

C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Simple Converter 0.05 R
eadyPack>del "C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Simple Co
nverter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.mp3"

eadyPack>del "C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Simple Co
nverter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.vob"

eadyPack>exit /b 

and.. my Hp.vob is deleted (thanks to Norton, I recover it back)

Pls explain how we can turn .vob directly into .pmp using your package.

Thanks.
Jan 18th v.0.07 - PMP Simple Converter by miemt11 to use with PMP MOD Player on your PSP PACKAGED ready. http://rapidshare.de/files/11293003/PMP ... k.rar.html
xxxstarmanxxx

Post by xxxstarmanxxx »

hyedipin wrote:xxxstarmanxxx,
I tried using your package, it comes with following:

I copy everything to my own package and have following:

*notice, my Hp.vob (harry potter clip)

I use CMD and type following:

C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Simple Converter 0.05 ReadyPack>pmpmux.bat Hp.vob
I get bunch of output...ending as following:

Audio stream:  384.000 kbit/s  (48000 B/s)  size: 9180956 bytes  191.270 secs

eadyPack>pmp_muxer "C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Sim
ple Converter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.vob" "C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsUser3v492\Deskt
op\Copy of PMP Simple Converter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.mp3" "C:\Documents and Setting
s\WindowsUser3v492\Desktop\Copy of PMP Simple Converter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.pmp"

PMP Muxer v1.00 by jonny

GNU........ info....

use: pmp_muxer "video.avi" "audio.mp3" "output.pmp"

Processing video ...

nverter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.mp3"

nverter 0.05 ReadyPack\Hp.vob"

eadyPack>exit /b 

and.. my Hp.vob is deleted (thanks to Norton, I recover it back)

Pls explain how we can turn .vob directly into .pmp using your package.

Thanks.
Try running the winmenc.exe - its an gui for mencoder - no cmd needed??? double click the icon - It only uses mencoder and the muxer - thats all it needs - no need for simpleblah stuff.

load vob in the batch window then choose your settings

All the best

J.
SiGi

Encoding/decoding problem

Post by SiGi »

I have one HUGE problem with playing ANY videos (on my PC) or transcoding them to PMP and playing on my PSP. Every video shows random bright red and blue dots, especially in dark scenes. This has plagued me for years (since I started using Xvid, I think, but the problem persist, even when I'm decoding through DivX or other codecs). I got kind of used to it when playing videos on my PC, however it is much more irritating on PSP, due to smaller resolution and sharper LCD screen.
Could PLEASE anybody help me with this problem? I tried to search the net a few times to get help, without much success.
I have an Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB RAM, I'm using ffdshow codec for playing/encoding, I'm using 3GP+PMP muxer to transcode videos to PMP format.
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

Thanks, I am trying again now..
(PMP Simple is just there becuase this is a copy of the package with the previous tools that I used)

It started now.. Let's see once finished..

MEncoder Sherpya-MinGW-20060111-4.0.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Pentium M Dothan (Family: 6, Stepping: 8)
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0xfa000000
MPEG-PS file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x480  (aspect 3)  29.970 fps  7500.0 kbps (937.5 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:2  fourcc:0x10000002  size:720x480  fps:29.97  ftime:=0.0334
Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Opening video filter: [harddup]
Opening video filter: [scale w=480 h=272]
==========================================================================
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder libmpeg2-v0.4.0b
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm: libmpeg2 (MPEG-1 or 2 (libmpeg2))
Forcing output fourcc to 58564944 [DIVX]
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.

SwScaler: Lanczos scaler, from Planar YV12 to Planar YV12 using MMX2
videocodec: libavcodec (480x272 fourcc=58564944 [DIVX])
Writing header...1f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not writing vprp h
eader.
Writing header...
ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not writing vprp h
eader.
Writing header...2f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
eader.
Pos:   0.5s     12f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
demux_mpg: 24000/1001fps progressive NTSC content detected, switching framerate.

Pos: 357.0s   8559f ( 7%) 66.68fps Trem:  27min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [704:0]]
When I click Encode, does it automatically save as pmp?
Sorted

Post by Sorted »

Every video shows random bright red and blue dots, especially in dark scenes

Dude i think you lay off those happy pills!
SiGi

Post by SiGi »

Sorted wrote:Every video shows random bright red and blue dots, especially in dark scenes

Well, it really isn't me :). I've found an old (2003) post on some forum, where somebody had exactly the same problem. Here's what the post says (he didn't get any real help):

I have this problem when playing back XviD movies.. I get these red and blue dots flickering around on black backgrounds.. I have tried koepis xvid and another one and I still get the same thing, I also haven't gotten rid of the problem after reinstalling my computer from scratch 2 days ago.. I don't have ffdshow or nimo crap installed either.. These dots seem to come randomly, they don't seem to be in the same places and I know for a fact they aren't in the xvid movies because I have had other people view them on their computers and they don't get the dots.. I have tried different players, such as WinDVD, mplayer2 and media player classic all with the same result.. My system is an athlon 1ghz, abit siluro gf3 ti200, 512mb ram, detonator 43.45.

- Preed -

If there is anybody who has any idea what this could be, please help. It seems to me, that it is perhaps a rare bug in Xvid codec (maybe affecting older thlon peocessors), maybe it is something else. If there is a codec guru, who would be able to help me, I'd be eternally grateful. BTW, this problem persisted, even when I completely reinstalled Windows (as I said, it is plaguing for few years now).
BaLdMoNkEy

Re: another update :p

Post by BaLdMoNkEy »

artik wrote:BaLdMoNkEy, amazing job you done....

here is 3 suggestions.

1/ save settings (if i set "800kbps, it stay at 800 each time i lauch it) =)
2/ allow to encode .mod and .rmvb format
3/ a little bug when you load a 4/3 movie !

Pliz continu your work ... AMAZING !!!! near perfection for me !
(and great thx for the size calculator !! :)

Can't waittttttttt =)
Have released a minor update fixing the kind of umm... unminor bugs :p (basically only a few hav actually been fixed)

Release Dir

But i have to ask, which resolution exactly is it that makes the resolution calculator crash (as in the exact x and y value). I have played around with it and at the moment i physically cant make it crash with any "4/3" files. Obviously i have missed something though :p

As for the subtitle question (for whoever asked it) and for the saving settings on exit, coming soon :p. I wouldnt mind knowing what the most commonly used subtitle encoding is so i can include a dropdown box or something, so if anyone knows, drop me a line :p.

Thx for feedback :D
kaveman

Post by kaveman »

SiGi wrote:
Sorted wrote:Every video shows random bright red and blue dots, especially in dark scenes

Well, it really isn't me :). I've found an old (2003) post on some forum, where somebody had exactly the same problem. Here's what the post says (he didn't get any real help):

I have this problem when playing back XviD movies.. I get these red and blue dots flickering around on black backgrounds.. I have tried koepis xvid and another one and I still get the same thing, I also haven't gotten rid of the problem after reinstalling my computer from scratch 2 days ago.. I don't have ffdshow or nimo crap installed either.. These dots seem to come randomly, they don't seem to be in the same places and I know for a fact they aren't in the xvid movies because I have had other people view them on their computers and they don't get the dots.. I have tried different players, such as WinDVD, mplayer2 and media player classic all with the same result.. My system is an athlon 1ghz, abit siluro gf3 ti200, 512mb ram, detonator 43.45.

- Preed -

If there is anybody who has any idea what this could be, please help. It seems to me, that it is perhaps a rare bug in Xvid codec (maybe affecting older thlon peocessors), maybe it is something else. If there is a codec guru, who would be able to help me, I'd be eternally grateful. BTW, this problem persisted, even when I completely reinstalled Windows (as I said, it is plaguing for few years now).
I doubt very much it is processor related. I have had a similar problem in the past with onboard graphics - in that case it was related to memory access as onboard graphics often share onboard memory rather than having dedicated memory as on a graphics card, and onboard memory isn't often fast enough for optimal graphics performance.

However this would not explain this kind of artifacting on the PSP.

If this is not an issue with onboard graphics, make sure you have the latest drivers for your mobo/south/northbridge and graphics, and check the post-processing functions in xvid/ffdshow. 'Film effect' in xvid/divx and the noise processor in ffdshow can add noise to a video file which when done correctly and subtly can improve perceptual quality. If overdone, it can look messy. If this is happening before converting to the PSP, then the PMP file could inherit the noise.

If this again isn't a solution, it could be bad memory on your graphics card. Try getting some utility for your card and UNDERclock the memory and GPU and see if the problem still exists.

Also try different overlay settings, VMR7/9 etc.
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

to xxxstarmanxxx,

I tried, I just input .vob, and it took too damn long to just encode one and that one returned error first frame is not keyframe, and just wasted my time, there might have been some porblems, but I have no idea where.. Afterall it didn't work.

I just tried the same Elf Trailer I tried before, didn't work either...
tanweeho

Post by tanweeho »

Hey, dont throw your work away!

Load ur video clip (the one w/o sound which prior being muxed by pmp muxer) in VirtualDubMod and find ur 1st key frame by pressing the button with the Key symbol found below. Delete all frames before this 1st key frame.

There will be a slight noticeably desync of audio as a few millisec of the video is removed. If u r uncomfortable with the desync, u may need to use a audio editor to remove a few millisec from the start of the audio file...

i know... converting a DVD to PMP or whatever format can be a long and painful process which may yield a failure in the end....
hyedipin wrote:to xxxstarmanxxx,

I tried, I just input .vob, and it took too damn long to just encode one and that one returned error first frame is not keyframe, and just wasted my time, there might have been some porblems, but I have no idea where.. Afterall it didn't work.

I just tried the same Elf Trailer I tried before, didn't work either...
xxxstarmanxxx

Post by xxxstarmanxxx »

hyedipin wrote:Thanks, I am trying again now..
(PMP Simple is just there becuase this is a copy of the package with the previous tools that I used)

It started now.. Let's see once finished..

MEncoder Sherpya-MinGW-20060111-4.0.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Pentium M Dothan (Family: 6, Stepping: 8)
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0xfa000000
MPEG-PS file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x480  (aspect 3)  29.970 fps  7500.0 kbps (937.5 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:2  fourcc:0x10000002  size:720x480  fps:29.97  ftime:=0.0334
Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Opening video filter: [harddup]
Opening video filter: [scale w=480 h=272]
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder libmpeg2-v0.4.0b
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm: libmpeg2 (MPEG-1 or 2 (libmpeg2))
Forcing output fourcc to 58564944 [DIVX]
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.

SwScaler: Lanczos scaler, from Planar YV12 to Planar YV12 using MMX2
videocodec: libavcodec (480x272 fourcc=58564944 [DIVX])
Writing header...1f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
eader.
Writing header...
eader.
Writing header...2f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
eader.
Pos:   0.5s     12f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
demux_mpg: 24000/1001fps progressive NTSC content detected, switching framerate.

Pos: 357.0s   8559f ( 7%) 66.68fps Trem:  27min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [704:0]]
When I click Encode, does it automatically save as pmp?
Hello mate - dont know why you have missing keyframe - did you rip the vob yourself ????

Your mencoder output looks fine and by what I can see you have a pretty respectable encoding frame rate 66.68fps - Judging by your vob size thats around a 30 minute encode direct to pmp. I can only asume keyframe loss has something to do with your NTSC vob file. I have not tried any as I use PAL vobs and never get the 'switching framerate' message.This may be something to do with 29.97fps.

Try changing fps from original to a lower fps on the video tab in winmenc.

I have always used 'original' setting which encodes at what I assume is 25fps (Pal vob fps) and have not yet encountered your error.

Failing that - is your vob ripped from a commercial disc or some kind of already ripped disk??? - I'd check your vob source to see if any other encoders you have are giving you hell with it???

Also - I notice you are choosing DIVX as your encoded choice - maybe you can try XVID setting as its all I ever use and have never had an error.

All the best

J.
xxxstarmanxxx

Re: Encoding/decoding problem

Post by xxxstarmanxxx »

SiGi wrote:I have one HUGE problem with playing ANY videos (on my PC) or transcoding them to PMP and playing on my PSP. Every video shows random bright red and blue dots, especially in dark scenes. This has plagued me for years (since I started using Xvid, I think, but the problem persist, even when I'm decoding through DivX or other codecs). I got kind of used to it when playing videos on my PC, however it is much more irritating on PSP, due to smaller resolution and sharper LCD screen.
Could PLEASE anybody help me with this problem? I tried to search the net a few times to get help, without much success.
I have an Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB RAM, I'm using ffdshow codec for playing/encoding, I'm using 3GP+PMP muxer to transcode videos to PMP format.
Search google for FDDshow - it should sort out your filter problems mate. This was a very old problem with the Divx 4.12 codec - Is your codec up to date or do you have multiple versions of the divx codec installed???

Believe it or not you may find that Divx codec is overriding your Xvid encodes and using itself for output.

Install FDDshow - It can set default decoder as Divx/Xvid or its own hybrid decoder - try its own decoder and check those vids again.

All the best

J.
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, but one came a bit too late, yes, I deleted the output. As you mentioned, after long encoding sessions, since the keyframe was missing I just thought something went wrong in the middle and whole output was faulty..

As for the source, yes, it is original commercial fully paid for Harry Potter DVD, which has been decrypted using SmartRipper into .VOB (http://www.pctip.ch/library/downloads/dl.asp?id=2841).

From what I can see, the package seems to do each step that could be done using Virtual Dub -> XviD -> Transfer to Demuxer in one script.

I also later tested the same way using the exact same .vob of Elf Trailer, and again it gave me the same error, which I was not getting with miemt11's Simple Converter.

However no matter what I did, I was never nowhere near jonny's rips of trailer, quality wise. I don't know how he does it, great quality and smooth playback.

On a side note, I tried the new PSP Video 9 using SP/480x160/29.97fps/1500kbps Stereo/128kbps with exact same vob of Elf Trailer, while encoding was lightning fast, the output was not as good, acceptable, but not even close to pmp/xvid compression. Plus, the filesize was larger.

Good Luck guys, I am looking forward to miemt11's Input to support SmartRipper Decrypted .vob's as an option.

PS: Just to give it a try for comparison's sake, I went back to good old 3gpp and used every possible option (that 1.5 supports) and non of them worked, and gave me unacceptable / corrupted file format error on my PSP.
SiGi

Post by SiGi »

kaveman wrote:
I doubt very much it is processor related. I have had a similar problem in the past with onboard graphics - in that case it was related to memory access as onboard graphics often share onboard memory rather than having dedicated memory as on a graphics card, and onboard memory isn't often fast enough for optimal graphics performance.

However this would not explain this kind of artifacting on the PSP.

If this is not an issue with onboard graphics, make sure you have the latest drivers for your mobo/south/northbridge and graphics, and check the post-processing functions in xvid/ffdshow. 'Film effect' in xvid/divx and the noise processor in ffdshow can add noise to a video file which when done correctly and subtly can improve perceptual quality. If overdone, it can look messy. If this is happening before converting to the PSP, then the PMP file could inherit the noise.

If this again isn't a solution, it could be bad memory on your graphics card. Try getting some utility for your card and UNDERclock the memory and GPU and see if the problem still exists.

Also try different overlay settings, VMR7/9 etc.
xxxstarmanxxx wrote: Search google for FDDshow - it should sort out your filter problems mate. This was a very old problem with the Divx 4.12 codec - Is your codec up to date or do you have multiple versions of the divx codec installed???

Believe it or not you may find that Divx codec is overriding your Xvid encodes and using itself for output.

Install FDDshow - It can set default decoder as Divx/Xvid or its own hybrid decoder - try its own decoder and check those vids again.

All the best

J.

Thank you very very much for your suggestions.

kaveman - I don't have an onboard graphics, I have an AGP Radeon 9800 Pro, not overclocked. I didn't try to underclock it yet, but I strongly feel that would not solve the problem. I used to have a Geforce 3 card before and I had the same problem with video. Realtime 3D graphics rendering (D3D, OpenGL) works flawlessly, no problems there (I know how OC gr. card artifacts look like - usually random green dots in textures or out-of-place vertex, I really doubt this problem is related to gr. card). Also, the artifacts persist, when I transcode a video for my PSP.
I tried to update driver for the MB, didn't help (my MB has an older chipset VIA KT266A, the new Hyperion drivers are optimized for newer chipsets, so I reinstalled the old driver (Via 4 in 1) that is recommended for older chipsets like KT266A.)

xxxstarmanxxx - I had FFDshow installed already. I tried to install the newest FFDshow I could find (ffdshow-20051221-gcc4.0.2-sse-x264.nl.exe), however, the problem still persists. In the "ffdshow video decoder configuration" under "codecs", libavcodec is set as decoder for all formats.

If anybody has any other good ideas, please help.

I'm including a screenshot of how the artifacts look like. If the video is stretched to fullscreen, the artifacts are stretched (and blurred with interpolation) accordingly. Here it is:

Sorted

Post by Sorted »

Just done a Vob to PMP conversion of Jurassic Park in Videora
2 pass.

Looks absolutley superb! perfect sysnc
miemt11

Post by miemt11 »

PMP Simple Converter Version 0.07 Screenshot Preview

Update:
n4k

Post by n4k »

Thats simple converter program is getting better and better props to you miemt11.
Nebur

Post by Nebur »

miemt11 wrote:PMP Simple Converter Version 0.07 Screenshot Preview

Update:
Awesome! Just one thing, will it include "subtitles add" option?,

Tnx!
kaveman

Post by kaveman »

Update:
Awesome work my friend.

I noticed that your compile relies on some resource dll's (intl.dll, iconv.dll and something rm.exe now uses too) - it would be worth including these in your next archive to help the noobs who may not know how to get hold of these.

I put some more thought into your app and it would be good to consider the following stuff to the project list:
  • Subtitle support (I think the command switches can be used for the moment - which is why I suggested including them). Obviously people will need to install the subtitle font in the mplayer dirs.

I notice there is no way to save personal 'defaults' - some kind of .ini file would sort this out, but given how quick it is to set up a custom setting with your drop boxes, this isn't s high priority

Having a default save directory might be nice.

Is there a reason the fourcc is set as DIVX rather than XVID? Not that it matters particularly.

The command switch stuff looks excellent - however in order to ensure conflicting settings are not selected, it might be worth having some kind of display box which indicates which settings are already selected (the command line that would be sent to mencoder) - for example, harddup is already set automatically. aspect functions would be overridden by the resolution setting etc. Obviously these boxes are for advanced users, so maybe people playing with those functions would realise, most people can leave the defaults.
Um, that's it for now. I'll post again if I can think of any more suggestions. I wouldn't worry too much about the interface right now, maybe the trillian guy's offer to help would help leave you more time to the coding side.

In case anyone is wondering, the mencoder switches can be found here:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html
and with more detail,
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html
kaveman

Post by kaveman »

SiGi wrote:I'm including a screenshot of how the artifacts look like. If the video is stretched to fullscreen, the artifacts are stretched (and blurred with interpolation) accordingly. Here it is:

Right - that's definitely not a hardware problem - it's got to be software.

Assuming ffdshow has top merit and libavcodec is being used for everything, try forcing YV12 color plane in the output in ffdshow (tick Overlay on, and under 'Output' disable all other options apart from YV12, and tick 'Use overlay mixer' to on). You may want to set a tiny Blur/Noise Reduction to force input video conversion to YV12 (all internal ffdshow processors use YV12), but I'd start with no other options selected first (i.e no resize, sharpen etc) to see where the problem lies....

Maybe try uninstalling xvid/divx - my HTPC uses only ffdshow and Nvidia Purevideo for TS/MPEG2 - and it plays everything I throw at it - don't need xvid/divx

Try using zoomplayer as your media player, as this allows addition controls over Overlay mixer/renderer, so you can select standard overlays or newer DX9 VMR overlays.

I'm reckoning it's an overlay problem...

Not sure otherwise....
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

miemt11, that's looking great (I can't say I am a big fan of the purple overall but who cares about the cosmetics), the options and the layout looks great!
Is there a reason the fourcc is set as DIVX rather than XVID? Not that it matters particularly.

I agree, not that it is absolutely essential, but some people tend to literally hate divx and chose xvid over it any given day.
sorted wrote: Just done a Vob to PMP conversion of Jurassic Park in Videora
2 pass.

Looks absolutley superb! perfect sysnc
Sorted, how did you manage to do that? Videora (PSP Video 9) did not have pmp output, did you combine/join it with something else like jonny's muxer? Pls post more info about it.
Thanks.
kaveman wrote: I noticed that your compile relies on some resource dll's (intl.dll, iconv.dll and something rm.exe now uses too) - it would be worth including these in your next archive to help the noobs who may not know how to get hold of these.
Yes, as he said, you can do two versions of your package, one standalone of your PMP Simple and another version that includes resources as well as mplayer, mencoder and muxer which would be roughly 15 MB as alternative (I am not sure if it is permitted to package those in another release by an author but that's another topic)
wulfie

Post by wulfie »

There IS a pmp version of videora ;)
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

wulfie, where? :(
wulfie

Post by wulfie »

hyedipin wrote:wulfie, where? :(
you can find the pmp version of Videora here
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

Thanks for the link.

Can we playback pmp on PC to test our output (at times when we don't have our PSP with us). Thanks.
someone
Idiot

Post by someone »

BaLdMoNkEy wrote: But i have to ask, which resolution exactly is it that makes the resolution calculator crash (as in the exact x and y value). I have played around with it and at the moment i physically cant make it crash with any "4/3" files. Obviously i have missed something though :p
It's not me that posted about this, but I have the same problem..for example with a 720x540 video source.

I'm also recall to have had problems with bitrate calculator with the same video..It's 20minutes long. With the default size, down to ~200 Mb, it works (note that it says "bitrate exported" but it isn's shown on main program window), but going down to ~160 Mb it isn't working anymore (Runtime error '13', type mismatch)...this seems to be related to the bitrate going under 1000 Kb/s, but I'm not sure.
BaLdMoNkEy wrote: I wouldnt mind knowing what the most commonly used subtitle encoding is so i can include a dropdown box or something, so if anyone knows, drop me a line :p.

Thx for feedback :D
Well, at least you should include "latin1" (that is cp1252) (most commonly used on some european countries), and...don't know, however there is a list of the most widely used ones: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/WinCP.mspx (emh...yes, this is a microsoft website, sorry for this ;) ).
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

BaLdMoNkEy wrote: But i have to ask, which resolution exactly is it that makes the resolution calculator crash (as in the exact x and y value). I have played around with it and at the moment i physically cant make it crash with any "4/3" files. Obviously i have missed something though :p
Crashed:
512x384
560x416
448x320
448x336
496x368

Worked:
592x320

Just went thru' my XXX XViD collection ^_^
Hope that helps in any way :P
artik

Post by artik »

wooolF wrote:
Crashed:
512x384
560x416
448x320
448x336
496x368

Worked:
592x320

Just went thru' my XXX XViD collection ^_^
Hope that helps in any way :P
Oh :)

BaLdMoNkEy I upload you a little .avi to test. This one crash, it's a 4/3 :)
http://rapidshare.de/files/11181143/test.avi.html

And what about PSPMPVerter working with .rmvb and .mov ? (with good codecs in a "codecs" folder)
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

Update:
Dude... I like... worship your app, but that skin... PLEASE, I mean like... PLEASE... say that it will be possible to change the skin? That right? :D Thanks... Phew... lol :D