Help for a noob. 2 Questions PS2Menu and UMCDR

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

jpg4878

Help for a noob. 2 Questions PS2Menu and UMCDR

Post by jpg4878 »

Hi,
I'm new to the dev work. I would like to work on a ps2 media player. But first thing, I need to be able to load my own elf files. Here are my problems.

1. I used the new ps2xme and the AR Max drive to copy over the exploit onto my memory card. I can boot into PS2MENU just fine. But once, I get there nothing. I want to execute PS2Link, but there no directories on the MC0. Is there supposed to be a BADATA-SYSTEM directory with the boot.elf? How do I get there if thats the case? I see no directory structure on the memory card?

2. I tried buring UMCDR disks. They do not seem to work at all. I am buring my CDs with a DVD+/-R drive. Can all drives burn UMCDR disks, or do I need a specific drive to do this?

Thanks.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

You can burn CDRs on a DVDR, but use good disks and keep the speed down. I have no trouble using CDRs (for videos and music) with my PS2 as long as I don't burn faster than 16X.

PS2Menu is a pain to setup correctly. Start by searching the forum for other threads on it. I'm sure everyone is tired of answering the same questions over and over again.
jpg4878

Thanks,

Post by jpg4878 »

Any recommendations on what brand cd-r media is readable on the ps2?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

I've never had trouble with RiTech RiData media - either CDR or DVDR.