PMP Mod v2.02 & PMP Mod AVC v1.02

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

wooolF

Post by wooolF »

1) I still haven't figured the way to zoom (trust me, I tried all the buttons =))
2) Yes, as you don't have to resize it (reencode).
k0nan

Post by k0nan »

wooolF wrote: 2) Yes, as you don't have to resize it (reencode).
You're still forced to reencode by just applying the crop (this might have been implied in your response, I wasn't sure). Since any reencode will sacrifice some quality from the original, it might be a wash as to whether the crop output quality would be noticeably better than the resize filters (irrespective of the information lost in the crop).
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

That's right, it will have to reencode it anyway (hey, we're reencoding it anyway from MPEG2 to XViD). But in our case we'll have to resize it anyway, because just cropping the main video from bars wont help, it wont fit in the resolution we need to use (480x272).

And if you take the video without the bars and the one with the bars, you'll get a better visual quality with the 1st one as all objects would have full height, instead of filling only 75% of the screen's height or so. See my point? :)
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

I've written a script using VBScripts to use it with mencoder. I realize that winmenc is not far from being the best tool for mencoder, but it cannot use quantizer instead of bitrate and there are some other reasons for me to make own script:
- Sound encoded by BeSweet is better than by mencoder
- You can use Boost for sound
- You can use sharpen_mask (you can add this parameter in winmenc too, but it's not very convenient)
- My script use auto selection of width and height of the output video (it saves the aspect ratio, but it also takes into consideration that width and height must be both divisible by 8)

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f= ... 6ba05477a6
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

uNn99 wrote:I realize that winmenc is not far from being the best tool for mencoder, but it cannot use quantizer instead of bitrate
Erm... okay... *loading up the manual*...
min_iquant=<0-31>
minimum I-frame quantizer (default: 2)
max_iquant=<0-31>
maximum I-frame quantizer (default: 31)
min_pquant=<0-31>
minimum P-frame quantizer (default: 2)
max_pquant=<0-31>
maximum P-frame quantizer (default: 31)
What's that then? :P
miemt11

Post by miemt11 »

Phuncz wrote:A made a simple skin for PSP Simple, hope you like it:

Right-click the image and "save destination/target as..." to download the PNG file or click here !

Miemt11: is it possible to add more freedom to the skins ? It would be handy if we could include a file (.params or something) for the size of the skin and coordinates to place the content of the PMP Simple window somewhere else that dictated by default. So I can centralize it in a PSP image for a nice skin ;)
I would also advise to use magenta as the transparency color, it's a less used color than yellow.
WOW, Nice skin,
miemt11

Post by miemt11 »

PMP Simple Converter : rmvb or wmv file
In case for people try to convert their rmvb or wmv you need this codecs

1.1: For wmv and rmvb get the essential codec from here
http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/codecs.html

miemt11

Post by miemt11 »

Anyone know are there any site that provide a perman upload, with no expired and space limit

So that I can upload my PMP Simple Converter to there.

Thanks First
fAi_

Post by fAi_ »

Free web hosting, 300MB each file
If the remotely hosted files are not downloaded for 30 days, they expire and are deleted from the server.
http://www.rapidupload.com/
miemt11 wrote:Anyone know are there any site that provide a perman upload, with no expired and space limit

Thanks First
miemt11

Post by miemt11 »

fAi_ wrote:Free web hosting, 300MB each file
If the remotely hosted files are not downloaded for 30 days, they expire and are deleted from the server.
http://www.rapidupload.com/
miemt11 wrote:Anyone know are there any site that provide a perman upload, with no expired and space limit

Thanks First
Thank,
wow, 300MB alot to me.

but will expire after 30 days. Are there any non-expire site? I think I ask to much. Thank Again
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

sti3

Post by sti3 »

great link jimparis!
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

@mietm11, check your PM.

If anybody wants to have their files up on a perm host (not THAT fast, but it'll do :P), just PM me and I'll send the ftp info.

PMP Simple Converter 0.07
miemt11

Post by miemt11 »

Thanks alot everyone for helping me, to search for a good upload file hosting
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

Thanks First
http://xthost.info/
Place where WinMEnc project is hosted...

Could also use http://sourceforge.net/ if the source was open sourced ;)
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

@jonny / @malloc:

could you please add USB activation/deactivation for PMP Mod? in the past days I did like +50 encodings and it's pretty annoying to quit PMP, go to system menu, activate USB, go back to game menu, find the pmp mod amongst 10 other apps I've got there, launch it, watch the encoding, repeat the whole process again...

Thanks for consideration =)
wooolF

M_trix 2 Orgasm scene reencodings

Post by wooolF »

First of all, a quote from 1st post in this thread by jonny:
Video and audio will never desync, but if a scene is too power demanding, you'll notice audio jumping.
Now... I've made 4 reencodings from M_trix 2 "orgasm scene".

#1 M_TRIX_R.XviD.sharp.768kbps.orgasm_scene.pmp
#2 M_TRIX_R.XviD.sharp.1000kbps.orgasm_scene.pmp
#3 M_TRIX_R.XviD.sharp.1200kbps.orgasm_scene.pmp
#4 M_TRIX_R.XviD.sharp.Q_1_to_3.orgasm_scene.pmp

Visual quality for #1 and #2 isn't good enough for my likeness.
#3 is the most usable in my humble opinion.
#4 have the best quality (not MUCH better then #3, but MUCH bigger).

Now... If you look at the first 2 secongs of each clip (pause if you wish), you can see the face details of the woman. This way you can see the sharpness and quality and decide which one you can live with. As said, for me #3 (at 1200kbps CBR) is the best one.

Next we see the "m_trix code" where woman is having an orgasm. The scene is *very* detailed and even at low bitrate you can hear audio distortion. And as I've noticed (but I might be wrong), video lags too at bigger bitrates. You can't do anything about it as far as I know, that's the problem with PSP's CPU and/or how PMP works... From encoding side, you can't do anything about it.

After the orgasm, you can see the man (Frenchman) and the video/audio is all good again.

So now I wanted to hear some of your thoughts on those reencodings. Any of'em =)

Note : whole process (Open DVD, crop the bars, scale pic down, sharp, encode the audio, gain audio stream, mux it to PMP) is done with mencoder throught WinMEnc. Direct reencode from DVD to PMP format.

EDIT : added 2 reencodings more:
#5 M:TRIX_R.XviD.nonsharp.1200kbps.orgasm_scene.pmp
#6 M_TRIX_R.XviD.nonsharp.Q_1_to_3.orgasm_scene.pmp
Last edited by wooolF on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

wooolF wrote:
uNn99 wrote:I realize that winmenc is not far from being the best tool for mencoder, but it cannot use quantizer instead of bitrate
Erm... okay... *loading up the manual*...
min_iquant=<0-31>
minimum I-frame quantizer (default: 2)
max_iquant=<0-31>
maximum I-frame quantizer (default: 31)
min_pquant=<0-31>
minimum P-frame quantizer (default: 2)
max_pquant=<0-31>
maximum P-frame quantizer (default: 31)
What's that then? :P
I don't mean capability of the mencoder itself, but WinMenc can't use mode of "Qauntizer" instead of "Target Bitrate" because winmenc always put word "bitrate" in command line.
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

uNn99 wrote:I don't mean capability of the mencoder itself, but WinMenc can't use mode of "Qauntizer" instead of "Target Bitrate" because winmenc always put word "bitrate" in command line.
Seems you haven't played with mencoder enough...

Say... If your command line looks like this:
-ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1000:blablablabla:bitrate=2000
what do you think will happend?

and if it looks like this:
-ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1000:blablablabla:bitrate=2000:blablablabla:bitrate=3000
damn right!

Note to those who haven't figured it out: in 1st case mencoder will encode at 2000kbps, in 2nd case it will encode at 3000kbps.

As proof, take a look here.
See it? Look at the sizes... and look what method was used to encode'em... First 3 used CBR, last one uses Q
Phuncz

Post by Phuncz »

miemt11 wrote:Thanks alot everyone for helping me, to search for a good upload file hosting
If you'd like, I have some fast places available. Just send me the files to phunction@gmail.com and I'll give you the direct links. It's virtually unlimited bandwidth too.

About the skin: thx :) It would be fun if I could use the entire PSP skin though. If you want to work on the interface part, you can contact me and maybe we can make a nice interface that looks great and is easy to use :)
reveine

Post by reveine »

@ woooIF
wooolF wrote:
reveine wrote:Does anyone know how to turn off b-frames in winmenc? It seems to be turned on by default. Any mencoder scripts to do that? Thank you.
max_bframes=0
default is set to 2

by the way, why do you want to set it to 0? just curious
Thanks for the script, woooIF. :) it's because b-frames seem to be related to video&audio stuttering. The stuttering gets worse when b-frames is enabled. Some people reported no problems with b-frames, but for me, stuttering always happens whenever b-frames is enabled. I don't know if this 's related to mem stick issue, 'cause mine is Sony standard black 2G memstick.

@ hyedipin
Thank you so much for the mirrors!! Now I can test my memstick ;)
&#12541;(&#65344;&#12540;&#65344;)&#12494;&#65396;&#65433;&#65426;&#65405;
..&#65288;&#65343;&#65343;&#65289;__
&#65372;&#38651;&#36554;&#30007;&#65372;&#65374;&#65374;
&#9678;&#65507;&#65507;&#65507;&#9678; &#12371;&#12429;&#12371;&#12429;&#65374;
miemt11

Post by miemt11 »

Phuncz wrote:
miemt11 wrote:Thanks alot everyone for helping me, to search for a good upload file hosting
If you'd like, I have some fast places available. Just send me the files to phunction@gmail.com and I'll give you the direct links. It's virtually unlimited bandwidth too.

About the skin: thx :) It would be fun if I could use the entire PSP skin though. If you want to work on the interface part, you can contact me and maybe we can make a nice interface that looks great and is easy to use :)
Great, thank your support
PMP Simple Converter 0.08 Package Lite edition
http://dl.qj.net/PMP-Simple-Converter-0 ... 8/catid/30
PMP Simple Converter 0.07 Package Lite edition
http://www8.rapidupload.com/d.php?file= ... path=16370
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

reveine wrote:@ woooIF
wooolF wrote:
reveine wrote:Does anyone know how to turn off b-frames in winmenc? It seems to be turned on by default. Any mencoder scripts to do that? Thank you.
max_bframes=0
default is set to 2

by the way, why do you want to set it to 0? just curious
Thanks for the script, woooIF. :) it's because b-frames seem to be related to video&audio stuttering. The stuttering gets worse when b-frames is enabled. Some people reported no problems with b-frames, but for me, stuttering always happens whenever b-frames is enabled. I don't know if this 's related to mem stick issue, 'cause mine is Sony standard black 2G memstick.
No problems... By the way, check these files:
Tell me if you have audio jumping... because I do... on all 4 of'em... and... I used max_bframes=0 while encoding for all four...
k0nan

Post by k0nan »

wooolF,

What version of PMP Mod are you using? malloc's latest modification (M3) to jonny's player was discovered to have increased audio popping issues when playing back high bitrate xvid (he's working on revising the code, see his thread for further info).

I have yet to encounter any audio popping or syncing issues when using divx/libavc at comparable bitrates on any version of PMP Mod. Additionaly, divx encodes noticeably faster, file sizes tend to be smaller, and differences in output quality relative to xvid are negligible to non-existant. I'm assuming xvid remains the more popular choice due to its open-source nature and quant modes. For the mean time, I'll stick with divx (had too many great Band of Bros. eps flawed by the aforementioned xvid-audio issues).

Do you still have the non-sharpened pmp encodes of that Matrix clip available?
djamm

Post by djamm »

wooolF wrote: ... By the way, check these files:

#1 M_TRIX_R.XviD.sharp.768kbps.orgasm_scene.pmp
#2 M_TRIX_R.XviD.sharp.1000kbps.orgasm_scene.pmp
#3 M_TRIX_R.XviD.sharp.1200kbps.orgasm_scene.pmp
#4 M_TRIX_R.XviD.sharp.Q_1_to_3.orgasm_scene.pmp

Tell me if you have audio jumping... because I do... on all 4 of'em... and... I used max_bframes=0 while encoding for all four...
Well, I agree the audio does stutter or distorts during scene's with lots visuals. I have not found a way around this using memcoder...Please let me know if you figure out how to get around this...and I like #3 and #4 above.

Cheers, great encoding by the way wooolF!
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

@k0nan

erm... thnx for pointing to that thread, never seen it... I guess I've used earlier versions of his mod... will test with the new one now. And I might trying to do some encodings of same scenes with DiVX (tho' I dislike that codec).

And no, sorry, I don't have'em anymore... "sharp" edition beats the "nonsharp", so the last ones had to go =)

But I can make you a reencode if you wish. Which one are you interested in?

@djamm
Yeh... I will, and thanks for the comments =)
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

That mod sounded good but on my psp no matter what I did i could not get the "changes" to work, such as [HOME] to seek to beginning, or the shoulder buttons..
So I thought I'd stick with the original.

The difference of DIVX/XVID on PSP screen is really not that big of a deal, I'd say we should use the most stable and definetaly the faster encode option (which seems to divx in this case). Probably the upside of the xvid is that 1pass of xvid looks better than divx 1pass.. try it with a lot of moving clip like 10 second cartoon, and you will see what I mean.
Jan 18th v.0.07 - PMP Simple Converter by miemt11 to use with PMP MOD Player on your PSP PACKAGED ready. http://rapidshare.de/files/11293003/PMP ... k.rar.html
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=33359#33359
k0nan

Post by k0nan »

wooolF,

Stick with the PMP version you have now if it's older. malloc's latest revision (M3) with the nice interface is the one with the increased xvid audio issues unfortunately.

If you could do an un-sharpened encode at the either of the high levels (1200 or quant2), that would be great, thx.

hyedipin

malloc's interface & other buttons won't work if you rename the folders to hide the corrupt icon, leave it as PMPMOD / PMPMOD% with corrupt icon for it work correctly.
Last edited by k0nan on Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

@k0nan
That pmpmod_m3 u've linked to gives me audio distortions nearly all the time... I'll go use 1st beta of it (it have the brightness hack in it, but no "gui" with time bar etc), it doesn't do that all the time, but *only* when really detailed scenes are showed.

Edit, oki, will reencode those 2 for you and link to'em :)

@hyedipin
DivX isn't more "stable" then XViD is... you can't compare it in this way... There are done more releases in XViD then in DiVX. XViD gone much more advanced way then the DiVX in its existanse and can do better encodings at smaller sizes then DiVX. And why use 1 pass DiVX when you can as well use libavcodec? I guess people just use the codec they're "used" to... I wont brag or anything, but I'm holding down to "scene" standarts if you know what I mean. I'll try with DiVX later on (just to see if it have same audio distortions issues as XViD codes have).
hyedipin

Post by hyedipin »

k0nan, you are right, that might have been my mistake! I will try it again tonight (or whenever i get my hands on my psp...)

wooolF, exactly, people just want to use the way they are used to, for all they care, slap it in ancient dr divx and get it spit out a file and use it, that's sort of the way people eat their dishes, you wanna ad salt pepper lemon etc, that's your choice, but some people just want to gulp the soup, and get done with, their purpose, to get full! :) In divx/xvid case, to get out a decent media.

I wish jonny got his interface working, I remember seeing a few samples (and even he decided on one) background and XBR icon.. And I don't care about the status bar/seek bar, -- frame advance or FWD would be nice addition, like pressing left/right buttons after pausing video, or using 2x/4x/8x (hey, i heard someone yelling "shut up and use mp4"... Image
Jan 18th v.0.07 - PMP Simple Converter by miemt11 to use with PMP MOD Player on your PSP PACKAGED ready. http://rapidshare.de/files/11293003/PMP ... k.rar.html
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=33359#33359