toolchain error, latest release. 20060110

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

dbeyer3069

toolchain error, latest release. 20060110

Post by dbeyer3069 »

Is anyone else getting an error with the latest toolchain release related to missing netinet/in.h during the pspsdk phase of a toolchain installation? I realize it's there.. just not in the path. The sys/socket.h is also not being found with a default installation with some of the samples (net/simple_prx).

I have reinstalled my entire cygwin and toolchain more than once now this weekend trying to get past the problem (blew away all the directories and reran cygwin and ./toolchain.sh). I have bypassed the issue temporarily during install by moving some files... but this breaks later program compilations.

If this is working for someone else.. please give me your PSPSDK setting and anything else I could use. I am following the installation instructions word-for-word trying to "FOR ONCE" get a clean install. I've been writing/compiling my own program for a while now but I can't get the latest to work.. please HELP!

Thanks,

David Beyer
LwRedStorm

Install

Post by LwRedStorm »

Hi,

I am trying to install this toolchain version and have also compiling errors.
I am going to try previous releases of toolchain to see what exactly happen.
LwRed
ShUr1k3n

Post by ShUr1k3n »

I have problem in this version too....
dbeyer3069

Post by dbeyer3069 »

ShUr1k3n wrote:I have problem in this version too....
I reinstalled everything (cygwin) and the toolchain (./toolchain.sh) and the problem went away.

David Beyer
ShUr1k3n

Post by ShUr1k3n »

i try to install all again. And i got a problem with PSPSDK.

See:

and when i try to compile any sample. I got a error in "/lib/build.mak"...

What can i do?

I DELETE the Cygwin directory. And i follow this tutorial http://wiki.pspdev.org/psp:programming_faq and i got the same problems...
dbeyer3069

Post by dbeyer3069 »

ShUr1k3n wrote:i try to install all again. And i got a problem with PSPSDK.

See:

and when i try to compile any sample. I got a error in "/lib/build.mak"...

What can i do?

I DELETE the Cygwin directory. And i follow this tutorial http://wiki.pspdev.org/psp:programming_faq and i got the same problems...
Google "psp lesson #1" and follow that tutorial. It will probably be easier to follow (it is what I used to reinstall and it worked). It doesn't mention grabbing "subversion" which is required. Make sure if you have set any global environment variables in the past you get rid of them too. you can type "ENV" and make sure there's nothing PSP specific. I think this is where part of my problem was.

Grab the psptoolchain file from http://www.oopo.net/consoledev/

It's the file at the bottom.

David Beyer
ShUr1k3n

Post by ShUr1k3n »

I Already try to follow THIS Tutorial (LESSON 1)... And the problem continue... I do the "ENV" and i dont have any "global environment variables" about the PSP...

What can i do to put this in to work?

How can i make a "FULL CLEAN SYSTEM" (just clean the cygwin, psptoolchain, pspsdk...etc)? (I dont know if this is possible).

Regards,

ShUr1k3n.
dbeyer3069

Post by dbeyer3069 »

ShUr1k3n wrote:I Already try to follow THIS Tutorial (LESSON 1)... And the problem continue... I do the "ENV" and i dont have any "global environment variables" about the PSP...

What can i do to put this in to work?

How can i make a "FULL CLEAN SYSTEM" (just clean the cygwin, psptoolchain, pspsdk...etc)? (I dont know if this is possible).

Regards,

ShUr1k3n.
If you delete the cygwin directory totally as well as any old pspdev (pspsdk) directories from another installation you have installed and follow the tutorial using the toolchain file from oopo's web site (previous message of mine) it should work without a problem.

In short, you should:

1. remove all instances of cygwin and pspsdk/pspdev
2. make sure you don't have any old global environment variables defined (I like to set them to make it easier for me).
3. run the cygwin installation
4. run the cygwin.bat file so it sets up the environment after downloading is completed.
5. unpack the files from the toolchain (http://www.oopo.net/consoledev/files/ps ... 060110.tgz) to \cygwin\home\<username>
6. run cygwin and change directories as the tutorial tells you to
7. enter ./toolchain.sh

./toolchain.sh will download and install all the files it needs (binaries, gcc, newlib and pspsdk). It takes a long time (hours).

##

The errors you are describing are either likely caused by a corrupted file download or the path information isn't correct. A fresh/new installation with the above steps and the files I indicated worked for me.

Hope this helps. Hang in there -- I know it's frustrating. I had to get rid of EVERYTHING (all those directories) to get it to work. It seems that everything must be about exactly right for it to work.

Here's another installation page:

http://wiki.pspdev.org/psp:toolchain

The list of files they have are 100% accurate except they don't mention "subversion" which doesn't always come down automatically so make sure it's downloaded too.

David Beyer