PSPgl

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Twenty 2

PSPgl

Post by Twenty 2 »

Is there somethign wrong with the pspgl from the svn? Because whenever i try to use it to port something it comes up with errors with the pspgl.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

no it works perfectly fine. =)

people usually post there errors when thy want help. unless your just making a statement.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Twenty 2

Post by Twenty 2 »

Alright i was trying to port rRootage and i put the error message into cygwin it came up with:

glViewport
/home/Nick/psptoolchain/SVN/pspgl/glViewport.c:9
??
??:0
initGL
/home/Nick/psptoolchain/projects/port/rr/src/screen.c:54

On line 54 of screen.c all it says is: void drawLine(GLfloat, GLfloat, GLfloat,

Thanks for the help!
jsgf

Post by jsgf »

That's a meaningless mess. Is that really what it output?

BTW, rRootage has been ported at least twice so far. mrbrown's seems to work well. http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=4301
Twenty 2

Post by Twenty 2 »

I know im trying myself tho :D
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

why not trying to compile one of the test examples or port a simple triangle into the screen first rather then porting a game into pspgl, to first see if you installed pspgl correctly.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Twenty 2

Post by Twenty 2 »

Lol good idea ill give it a try!
Twenty 2

Post by Twenty 2 »

ughhh... It had an error converting the firfox pic in the test program!
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

install zlib, then install libpng. then make sure you got ImageMagick. if your using cygwin, just run the setup and make sure its installed.
Twenty 2

Post by Twenty 2 »

Alright i installed image magik and all the libs. Will imagemagik automatically work when i try and compile the test?
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

yes it should work fine. have you tried compiling it? if you got errors please post them.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Had the same problem myself. Found this troubleshooting list on google
Reinstall the xorg-x11-bin-dlls package. Make sure not to reinstall any XFree-* packages. Check if /usr/X11R6/bin/cygX11-6.dll does exist. Check if $PATH contains /usr/X11R6/bin.
I was definitely missing the path.

Jim
Twenty 2

Post by Twenty 2 »

Alright the test went all the way through without errors. Is there supposed to be an eboot?
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

no there not. just the elf files. copy them and put them into the tools directory. run the psp-install tool and it will give instructions on how to install it to your psp.
jsgf

Post by jsgf »

Actually, you can do "make install-<testname>" to just make them install. For example, "make install-vertexblend".

"make install" will install everything.
Twenty 2

Post by Twenty 2 »

Alright what am i suppost to install. when i hit make install, it repeats the same code over and over agian an nothing happens...
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

look for any elf file. example

Code: Select all

ls *.elf
cp eglcube.elf ../tools
cd ../tools
PSP_MOUNTDIR=/media/usb/ PSP_REVISION=1.50 ./psp-install eglcube.elf --eboot-title=GL_TEST
BlackPhoenix

Post by BlackPhoenix »

This topic, Post #5 By Grom mentioned a similar error to Twenty 2.. the 'umount' or un-mount ability for cygwin is really dodgy and is giving me errors even when 'install-settings' var PSP_MOUNTDIR is set.. its not much of a problem as I can still build each .elf file into a working EBOOT..

Here is the error:

Code: Select all

while &#91; ! -d /cygdrive/i/psp/game &#93;; do mount /cygdrive/i; sleep 1; done
PSP_MOUNTDIR=/cygdrive/i \
        ../tools/psp-install --psp-revision=1.50 bezier.elf \
        --eboot-title="bezier 2006/01/19 18&#58;02&#58;19" --eboot-icon="firefox.png"
install bezier.elf for rev1.50 on '/cygdrive/i/PSP/GAME/bezier/'...
umount /cygdrive/i
umount&#58; /cygdrive/i&#58; No such file or directory
make&#58; *** &#91;install-bezier&#93; Error 1
rm perfmeter.o psp-setup-bezier.o firefox.raw screenshot.o bezier.o
Just wondered if someone could explain it for general knowledge.. I may try re-install the lib related to mount and umount.. see if that works.
jsgf

Post by jsgf »

Yeah, that mount stuff is really for my convenience. It should work well on any Unix-like system, but I'd be surprised if it worked under Windows.

I'm not really sure how to deal with it. What's the manual proceedure for installing things on the PSP under Windows?
SiW

Post by SiW »

I just got rid of the umount. I've yet to get any memory stick corruption, but YMMV ;)
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

jsgf wrote:Yeah, that mount stuff is really for my convenience. It should work well on any Unix-like system, but I'd be surprised if it worked under Windows.

I'm not really sure how to deal with it. What's the manual proceedure for installing things on the PSP under Windows?
yes it does work under windows. just have to create a mount. example mount e: /cygdrive/e