PSP WLAN sample code in ..sdk/samples/net/simple/

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

cakestick

PSP WLAN sample code in ..sdk/samples/net/simple/

Post by cakestick »

Hey everyone,

I've seen a lot of helpful network homebrew coming out lately, and have been working to contribute my efforts as much as possible. Having just found the 'samples' directory inside of the pspdev branch, and after a little hacking up of the 'simple' net example, I have been able to cram together some test code in C for using sockets. However, an example on how to simply create a connection to a server, and maintain communication over that connection has been difficult to find.

Can anyone provide information that they might have found helpful while programming sockets for the PSP?
danzel

Post by danzel »

Programming sockets on the psp is the same as bsd/unix sockets, so a quick google search should find you a whole lot of examples.

You could check out the peldet source code too, although it may be a bit too big to learn from.
dbeyer3069

Re: PSP WLAN sample code in ..sdk/samples/net/simple/

Post by dbeyer3069 »

cakestick wrote:Hey everyone,

I've seen a lot of helpful network homebrew coming out lately, and have been working to contribute my efforts as much as possible. Having just found the 'samples' directory inside of the pspdev branch, and after a little hacking up of the 'simple' net example, I have been able to cram together some test code in C for using sockets. However, an example on how to simply create a connection to a server, and maintain communication over that connection has been difficult to find.

Can anyone provide information that they might have found helpful while programming sockets for the PSP?
search for "LIBCURL" on here. Someone posted a link for a pre-compiled library which you can use to do FTP/HTTP/TELNET, etc. I used it for my WIFI HTTP/FTP application (www.bestsoftworks.com/fileshare.htm) and it's easy to use. It comes with an example or two which will get you started. I exchange server info with it.

David Beyer
cakestick

Post by cakestick »

I wasn't aware that the peldet code was available, I'll take a look - Thanks a bunch for the link!