USB-flash-disk lib?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

ole

USB-flash-disk lib?

Post by ole »

Is anybody thinking about creating the USB-flash-disk libray (just like libcdvd)? The size of standard memory card is imho quite small, HDD is expensive and noisy and the transfer of your files to flash disk from pc is very easy....
Or does anybody made an succesfull attempt to communicate with usb flash disk via ps2lib ?
Ole
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Without a basic USB library then you cannot access USB flash devices. As there is _currently_ no such library (in ps2sdk) then you are out of luck.
ole

usbd in ps2lib

Post by ole »

Well I thought that udbd functions defined in the iop/libkernel of the ps2lib could do the job.
There are some interesting functions (like UsbBulkTransfer, UsbGetDeviceConfiguration, UsbGetInterfaceDescriptor etc..) that - judging solely by name - could be usefull.
Did anyone tried that USB functins defined in ps2lib ? Is it working?
Ole
tjd

Re: usbd in ps2lib

Post by tjd »

All that you need is there in usbd.irx. Its fairly straightforward to add functionality to provide generic SCSI/SFF support. We've got memory sticks, cards, flash drives, Apple iPods, ordinary USB mass storage devices etc. all running in our media player product.

[quote="ole"]Well I thought that udbd functions defined in the iop/libkernel of the ps2lib could do the job.
There are some interesting functions (like UsbBulkTransfer, UsbGetDeviceConfiguration, UsbGetInterfaceDescriptor etc..) that - judging solely by name - could be usefull.
Ole[/quote]
tjd

Re: usbd in ps2lib

Post by tjd »

All that you need is there in usbd.irx. Its fairly straightforward to add functionality to provide generic SCSI/SFF support. We've got memory sticks, cards, flash drives, Apple iPods, ordinary USB mass storage devices etc. all running in our media player product.

[quote="ole"]Well I thought that udbd functions defined in the iop/libkernel of the ps2lib could do the job.
Ole[/quote]
ole

The irx driver is ready

Post by ole »

Finaly completed the initial version of the mass storage usb driver (for ps2 of course), that works with flash disks. If someone would like to test it I can send the sources . Feedback would be appreciated beacause I have tested it only with my two devices.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Re: The irx driver is ready

Post by Drakonite »

ole wrote:Finaly completed the initial version of the mass storage usb driver (for ps2 of course), that works with flash disks. If someone would like to test it I can send the sources . Feedback would be appreciated beacause I have tested it only with my two devices.
Feel free to send it my way or post it somewhere (cvs maybe?)
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
sincro

Re: The irx driver is ready

Post by sincro »

ole wrote:Finaly completed the initial version of the mass storage usb driver (for ps2 of course), that works with flash disks. If someone would like to test it I can send the sources . Feedback would be appreciated beacause I have tested it only with my two devices.
i'm interested to test it, i'm now working on a tool and wold inplement it :)

can you send it to sincro7@interfree.it?
ole

Post by ole »

It's in the ps2dev cvs now. Thanks Oobles.
hermes

Post by hermes »

I am retired... No more shit, please
Last edited by hermes on Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ole

Post by ole »

Hermes: Please, no evil usage of this driver. Experiment as you wish, but don't undermine our effort by releasing some stuff that can harm the copyrights of the other products. I'm not moderator, but I think the same way.
I know you have the knowledges ant talent to do more interesting and more exciting things than tools for unlocking cd protection . What about the the videophone application over the net using the eye toy? Your player is very good, so add the compression and transport of the data stream for example.
Join the white side Luke :)
hermes

Post by hermes »

ole wrote:Hermes: Please, no evil usage of this driver. Experiment as you wish, but don't undermine our effort by releasing some stuff that can harm the copyrights of the other products. I'm not moderator, but I think the same way.
I know you have the knowledges ant talent to do more interesting and more exciting things than tools for unlocking cd protection . What about the the videophone application over the net using the eye toy? Your player is very good, so add the compression and transport of the data stream for example.
Join the white side Luke :)
hi Ole! you do not worry, I do not use the driver for things Evils. my enemies do not speak well of me, evidently.

1) my work does not eliminate any protection and prevents that others can use this way for things evils

2) my work is for you can use the applications of scene without modifying these applications and without chip

3) envies is VERY bad. I simply want to salute to the creator of driver.
Others, will continue speaking badly of me using my applications
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Why don't you just add support to the media player instead of all this half-assed bloated wrapper crap?
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Because envies is very bad, of course.
taz030485

Post by taz030485 »

I'd like to test the USB Mass Driver but I don't have a compiler on my system, so if you could send me all files I need to test with allready compiled.

I don't have a mod chip in my station but :
I do have the exploit running PS2Menu
I can create CDX and UMCDR cd's
I can load files with the new AR MAX from pendrive (MY 512MB USB2.0 not workin but 16 MAX Drive is)

I'd love a working USB Mass driver to load my 512MB.
ole

Post by ole »

As you wrote - it's a driver. And driver is functional only when some application make use of it. If the application supports the driver then it's (most likely) included with the app. For any other app (that have no support for the driver) the driver is useless.
<Edit>
Uff.. sorry. Maybe I didn't quite understod you. If you just want to test the driver whether it works with your usb drive, I can send the test binaries to your email. Just pm me your email address.
</Edit>
taz030485

Post by taz030485 »

Yes you did misunderstand

I'll PM you now