Mutex's & Thread's

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ipsp

Mutex's & Thread's

Post by ipsp »

Can anyone tell me if the PSP has direct libraries for mutexs and/or does it support the "thread.h" standard library.

Basically I need to have multiple threads, which will access a common resource, and I only want one thread to access the common code.

I've used mutex_t and thread_t functions with C before but not sure if the PSP supports these libraries, as the PSP seems to implement it's own threading calls.

Any help would be great
jimparis

Re: Mutex's & Thread's

Post by jimparis »

ipsp wrote:Can anyone tell me if the PSP has direct libraries for mutexs and/or does it support the "thread.h" standard library.

Basically I need to have multiple threads, which will access a common resource, and I only want one thread to access the common code.

I've used mutex_t and thread_t functions with C before but not sure if the PSP supports these libraries, as the PSP seems to implement it's own threading calls.

Any help would be great
Posix threads are not implemented. You can use SDL if you want portable threads and mutexes.
PeterM

Post by PeterM »

There are also PSP-specific (nonportable) threads and semaphores in "pspthreadman.h".