PSPMPVerter 0.99 + res. fix

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

BaLdMoNkEy

PSPMPVerter 0.99 + res. fix

Post by BaLdMoNkEy »

PSPMPVerter v0.99 + res. fix
by Dr|PuppeT & iNFiDEL

Official Site - latest version - mirror - readme
latest beta - mirror

UPDATE: I think i fixed the resolution problem, try the latest beta to see.

Notes:
Feel free to leave feedback here, we are glad to help (anyone with an easy problem :p). We have ironed out a lot from the original release bugs, but in introducing new features we probably have added some too :p
Hope you all appreciate our free time :D

The changelog is located on the site as well as betas and information.
Last edited by BaLdMoNkEy on Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
artik

Post by artik »

woaw woaw woaw !! lemme test that immediatly !!! :))
kenet2412

PSPMVerter sub question

Post by kenet2412 »

Ok my english i no to good, so this is my question...

Is there another font for mencoder with EAST EUROPE fonts support...
I tried to look for in but with no succes... And any font I use don't work properly, my native leters like "ś" "ż" "ą" etc. are not dysplayed. I know that PMP will soon support subtitle display, at least thats what the creatotor sugests. But until that hapends i would like to encode my LOST episodes with my polish subs.
- EUR - PSP 2.0 downgaded to 1.5 ^_^
- 1 GB MS Duo ^.^
- Lots of GAMES... Yeh...
- Lots of Homebrew...
klump

Re: PSPMPVerter 0.99

Post by klump »

BaLdMoNkEy wrote:PSPMPVerter v0.99
by Dr|PuppeT & iNFiDEL

Find it here, the readme here
here's a mirror

EDIT: Reuploaded :s

Notes:
Feel free to leave feedback here, we are glad to help (anyone with an easy problem :p). We have ironed out a lot from the original releases, but in introducing new features we probably have added way more bugs :p
Hope you all appreciate our free time :D

We tested the subtitle feature and found it to work at least with the default font in english. We are not sure about other languages etc.

Current Version Info:
- auto minimize dos windows
- subtitles now work
- removed forced subtitle character map
- new detail layout for queue window
- ini configuration support
- command line usage
- advanced command line settings (command.ini)
- greatly improved path compatibility
- batch format improved
- optional delete batch files
- optional delete log files
- optional shutdown when complete
- all temp files now stored in app. dir.
- ability to choose subtitle font (unsure if all fonts work)
- priority setting which actually works
- PMP Muxer log file deletion
- GUI size tweaked
- defaults tweaked
- minor bugs fixed
- code optimization
- removed some help buttons

BETA Features
- cropping (completely untested) - e.g 200:100:3:6
- shell integration (works for us, not sure where or when it doesnt work for anyone else)
heres a mirror: http://0.dr.ag/s/http.baldmonkey.co.uk.psp
realityengine

Post by realityengine »

Last edited by realityengine on Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
nazgull

Post by nazgull »

This think isn"t working. Someone please to confirm
artik

Post by artik »

1/ Once again, when i load 4/3 movie (and many many others resolutions) i got an error. Baldmonkey, i uploaded you a sample for you. did you tested with it ?

2/ Only .avi supported. when rmvb and mov ? (if possible ;)

3/ Keep this "native" windows style. simple, and powerfull (hate skins, and things useless)

4/ Get an error when i load a movie, then go to size calculator, modifie it and trying to apply new bitrate.

That's all, maybe that can help you ! (and US ! haha !)

Continu your job baldmonkey. And i repeat : for me, the ULTIMATE fonction in PSPMPVerter, is the auto size calculator. AMAZING ! :)
(so many vids are not in 4/3 or 16/9, but "bizarre format" lol)
csuper

Post by csuper »

artik wrote:feedback :
1/ Once again, when i load 4/3 movie (and many many others resolutions) i got an error.
Same thing here with 640*320 videos, but it don't block the software...
- Is It possible to add the option : use everytime 480*272 (full res) (just a "cross in a box" option ?)

I will add a little bug report :
If the directory of the video to encode got a dot "." or a space " " in the title...
The encode will not occurs...

May I also add that the subtitle support work fine for me... :) (just the font that I will certainly change with a better one..)

I'm looking forward for a new release of yours now... THANX :) !

csuper.
-----------
Now using PMP Mod 1.02 with some nice FPS gain with my slow SONY MS...
Thanx Jonny ! & Malloc ! & Raphael !
nazgull

Post by nazgull »

This program isn't working. I have tryed 100ways.
Finally i have renamed the movie and puted it in the program folder(that was renamed to somth more simple)After it converts all the created files just dissapear. IT is very buggy, but the subtitles feature is awsome!
I am waiting a working version
csuper

Post by csuper »

Yep... I also want to add that the "save profile" have some bugs :
- 2 pass/divx isn't saved (the 1 pass is selected after reloading the saved profile...)
- the subtitle selection is "forgotten"

It would be nice to configure a way to have the "favorite" profile loaded when the Encoder is open the first time...

csuper.
-----------
BaLdMoNkEy

huge reply :p

Post by BaLdMoNkEy »

realityengine wrote:what language is this developed in?

The windowblinds threw me off, for a minute I thought it was actually the
interface.
We coded it in VB6 as it’s all we know :p, But Just to clarify... Its an msstyle, windowblinds IMO is actually a terrible piece of software, talk about bloat and slowdown - but that’s another issue for another time :p

So don’t worry, this app's "native windows" GUI (or whatever people call it) will almost definitely always be this way. Not much point IMHO in skinning an app that people will open for about 5 seconds when we can have it automatically adopt the operating system's native one (especially not much point with a file conversion utility, would be a bit like skinning dbpoweramp :s)

And the subtitle fonts I literally have NO idea about - your best bet is the mencoder documentation or perhaps somone else on this forum who actually knows how to use mencoder :p

Artik, I do apologise but I never saw the sample which you uploaded, and I am quite interested... please point me in the right direction so that I can debug :D

Csuper, as you appear to know what you are talking about, could you (or anyone really) suggest a better font for me to include as default? - and thanks for posting that it works + your own bug report, V useful + we will fix the 1pass/2pass saving problem in next build. As for the subtitle setting being "forgotten", it's because it was never remembered - we haven’t coded that yet - we will release 1.0 in a bit, after more of the ridiculous bugs like that one are fixed.

nazgull, sorry it doesnt work for you, I have no idea of your level of computer knowledge so im going to go ahead and ask if you are sure you have got the file structure right for it to work. If it just disappears after everything has converted it will probably be a mencoder or pmp_muxer error with the AVI files you are using, as the batch without fail always contains the "muxing" line, even if the files somehow just are not there.

About these resolution problems, just today I received a complaint that "512x384" just does not work - I opened up the app here, entered the resolution, clicked calculate and it worked fine - same with "640*320"

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but I may very well have added a bit of code that tells you the wrong information when an error occurs (e.g. tells you that its the resolution code which has malfunctioned when really it is the avi information retrieval code which does). This or possibly the visual basic runtimes have an issue with simple maths (unlikely - I doubt that i am just SO GOOD at coding that I can start blaming the code's interpreters :p)

My guess is that it is indeed the AVI information code which crashes and not the resolution calculation - if this is the case, we will work on finding a better solution than the one we have in place :)

Can anyone actually provide for me the error which pops up (as in the words displayed or a screenshot or something) when this magical resolution error which I physically cannot replicate happens, along with what resolutions cause it? (Assuming I do not get a copy of the sample that artik uploaded first)

Ever since I released the first version there have been SO many complaints about this resolution bug but I can’t really find any actual information on what people do to cause it. The mathematics involved in the resolution conversion are VERY simple and not really the kind of thing that should be causing errors...

Anyway, lol that took ages to write, thx for the feedback :p, check back here for 1.0 every so often :p

P.S, thanks for the mirror klump our hosting seems to be a bit crap atm... oh well :p
artik

Post by artik »

THat was page 17 of the official pmp thread =)

here is the link (still working, woaw ! :)

http://rapidshare.de/files/11181143/test.avi.html

baldmonkey, askey you ton contact me on msn too (on maxconsole forum lol)
(check your PM here)

Continu like that ! amazing, near perfect soft :)
BaLdMoNkEy

Post by BaLdMoNkEy »

strange, i downloaded that file, opened it in pspmpverter, clicked convert, out popped a new.pmp file a few seconds later, no errors, no worries.

I am beginning to think I am missing something really simple :p
but still trying to fix it, worked out what it *could* be... will update here if i do fix it, but its hard trying to debug a problem you cannot replicate.

edit:I will add you to my msn as soon as I can btw
Last edited by BaLdMoNkEy on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
toker#

Post by toker# »

Guys, what is the quality of the final video like?
I normally use Xvid 1000kbps 25fps 480x272 - 2 pass profile.

I have tried all kind of apps to encode xvid for PMP Mod.
VideoraPMPConvertor 0.9 (FFMpeg) - quality is good but no features a like subtitles.
PMP Simple Convertor 0.8 (Mencoder) - not very good cos it defaults to Divx, i have changed it to Xvid, quality ok, very fast encoding.

Currently, I am using VirtualDub 1.6.11 and Xvid 1.2 (Dual core support), this has provided me with the best results but it is a hassle cos you have to encode the video / audio seperately and then use PMP muxer 1.02 to generate the PMP file.

Still looking for the one app which does all the required operations.
BaLdMoNkEy

Post by BaLdMoNkEy »

lol, considering the quality of the video largely depends on its source and the bitrate you set, I would say the quality varies :p
1000kbps has gotta make your files pretty big. I find a bitrate of 424 to be very watchable. Thats just my opinion though :D

PSPMPVerter uses the same process to convert as PSP simple converter does - mencoder

btw I updated it to fix the resolution problem - check up top
toker#

Post by toker# »

lol 424 bitrate.
I cant take anything less than 768kbps. Before PMP Mod release i was using AVC 768kbps @ 368x208. Now full res is 40% more pixels with Xvid or divx which is less superior than AVC.

I will try PSPMPVerter 0.99 and post my finding.
csuper

Post by csuper »

BaLdMoNkEy wrote:btw I updated it to fix the resolution problem - check up top
Yep I confirm it's works now without error (fell strange I'm kind used to it ;)
Can you add some sharp & chroma options in a future release... ?
Is it complicated to manage MKV or OGM input files (with audio & sub selections : audio n°2 and sub srt n°3) ?

csuper.
-----------
BaLdMoNkEy

Post by BaLdMoNkEy »

csuper wrote:Can you add some sharp & chroma options in a future release... ?
Is it complicated to manage MKV or OGM input files (with audio & sub selections : audio n°2 and sub srt n°3) ?
Yes it is complicated to manage mkv or ogm (AND rmvb and mov for that matter), but we will do ii as soon as we can/want to..

I will check up on chroma and sharp features because those seem a lot easier :p
toker#

Post by toker# »

Hi all

I have been using the program for few movies and it is v fast. Cant really tell the difference between the other convertors out there using mencoder. The GUI is easy to use.

My setting
480x 272 Xvid 800kbps - 2 pass
MP3 128 kbps

I have a problem, my source is normally HDTV / DVD or Xvid

1) VOB files is reading incorrectly, (i.e movie1 is 1h41mins reads 33mins?? not sure why). Very other app is also reading the wrong length of the movie too, only VirtualDub reads the length correct.

Any ideas?