*.it Sound File Question

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

OCteam

*.it Sound File Question

Post by OCteam »

I am working with a team on a RPG -- that aside we happen to have one of the best *.it composers out there (a rare find). I know Lua Player supports *.it files, but when we try to implement them the output of the *.it file sounds corrupt.

Are there certain specifications (hz/channel) that the file must meet to be able to be support? We can switch over to *.mod if necessary but we would rather not for many reason.

Thank You,
PP121494863-PSP1001
www.illfoundedmind.com
nevyn

Re: *.it Sound File Question

Post by nevyn »

OCteam wrote:I am working with a team on a RPG -- that aside we happen to have one of the best *.it composers out there (a rare find). I know Lua Player supports *.it files, but when we try to implement them the output of the *.it file sounds corrupt.

Are there certain specifications (hz/channel) that the file must meet to be able to be support? We can switch over to *.mod if necessary but we would rather not for many reason.

Thank You,
We chose an ancient version (3.0.3 from -97) of an outdated library, mikmod, for music playback. Any limitations on formats are imposed by that library. It's heavilly used, however, so I'm sure you can find others having bumped into similar limitations and their solutions on google or something. Unfortunately, I have no idea myself.

(I /really/ wish I'll have time to implement a more competent audio library soon...)[/url]
OCteam

Post by OCteam »

v3.0.3, got it that should solve my problem -- Thanks.
PP121494863-PSP1001
www.illfoundedmind.com