PSP undowngradable?!?!!!

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Shark

PSP undowngradable?!?!!!

Post by Shark »

Hello!

I don't speak very well english, sorry...

I have a psp 1.52 recovered in a bad state which I repaired. when I succeeded in making it walk, I have desired to upgrader into 2.0 for then to downgrader into 1.5! but for to make the update, the system request to connect the AC input...

it is there that I realized that the jack alim (where connects the charger) did not function: ( and that does not come from the charger considering when I connect it on my 2.5, it is put in load! I buyed it (the jack) and installed but it doesn't work!

I am sure to have welded it well and one cannot be mistaken in direction (I work in electronic wiring) I verify the tensions and looked at if a component had not died and all appears good to me!

then I ask désespérement: having to you it a way of being able downgrader without it?

so not, ... I will have had the first psp 1.52 undowngradable:)
PS: the psp was already open before I thus have it impossible to make walk the guarantee!!!

Thank you for advance @ +
funetik

Post by funetik »

Does the AC charge the battery?

I mean, the jack doesn't work at all or does the psp not know it's being charged?

Unless you have a warranty on your 2.5, you could swap the boards to downgrade it and then put it back?

I hope it's something simple and you get it working the way it should.
Shark

Post by Shark »

No, the battery does not take care and the psp knows that it is not connected to the charger!

you want that I exchange the motherboards? :S

in this case there I exchange also the firmwares...

thank you for your answer
HaQue

Post by HaQue »

Try using a different batery. I am not sure how much control the Smart Batteries have on the system, but I have seen other devices do strange things when the Smart Battery is faulty, or a non-genuine battery is used.

Otherwise, take another look at the jack and related circuit with a magnifying glass to make sure it is all ok in case you missed something.

Good Luck,

HaQue
lenselijer

Post by lenselijer »

The left fuse is for the Charger :D

You can buy a new fuse, or just short it out, works fine too :P