I am looking for the 2.00 Scenand Syscalls

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Mathieulh

I am looking for the 2.00 Scenand Syscalls

Post by Mathieulh »

I am looking for the 2.00 (and higher fw versions if possible) Scenand Syscalls if any of you know about those please share any intel here

Thanks.
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

Assuming that you mean for VSH mode, is the sceNand module even loaded?

I've always been under the impression that Groepaz's list of syscalls for v2.0 is complete for VSH (certainly, I never found any holes when deconstructing it on a module-by-module basis).

For GAME mode, I forget whether it's loaded or not. If it's in the list of modules expected to be loaded by the firmware, then the eLoader will attempt to resolve the syscall based on best-guess about the correct number (we don't have any definitive dumps of fully-resolved apps that use the sceNand functions, so it's not really possible to say for sure whether the calculated numbers are correct). So, you could always try writing a simple EBOOT app that imports the functions you want, then disassembles itself - then you'd be able to see whether those functions are available in the current mode.

Of course, I'd expect that these functions would show up in UPDATER mode, but as far as I know we don't have any means to run homebrew in that environment.
Got a v2.0-v2.80 firmware PSP? Download the eLoader here to run homebrew on it!
The PSP Homebrew Database needs you!
ryoko_no_usagi

Post by ryoko_no_usagi »

sceNand is used by the lfat driver and I would assume the lfat driver is used to handle the "flash0", "flash1" devices, no? Something interesting to look into: patch sceNand to redirect read/writes from internal nand to ms :)
Mathieulh

Post by Mathieulh »

I don't know about GAME mode, but I successfuly used the scenand API in VSH mode on 1.50 however it doesn't work on 2.00 probably because the scenand syscalls are not implented within eloader and that you can't use nids directly in 2.00

Also I am quite sure that the scenand API works in UPDATER mode but I didn't try it tough
Mathieulh

Post by Mathieulh »

ryoko_no_usagi wrote:sceNand is used by the lfat driver and I would assume the lfat driver is used to handle the "flash0", "flash1" devices, no? Something interesting to look into: patch sceNand to redirect read/writes from internal nand to ms :)
indeed that's a good idea, it might be also interesting to look at iplupdater from the updaters
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

I checked and it's not present in any of the syscall lists generated by eLoader, for any of the 3 run modes (VSH/GAME/UPDATER).

If you know the filename of the PRX that they're included in, I'll take a look to see if it's possible to calculate the syscall.
Got a v2.0-v2.80 firmware PSP? Download the eLoader here to run homebrew on it!
The PSP Homebrew Database needs you!
PspPet

Post by PspPet »

> am looking for the 2.00 (and higher fw versions if possible) Scenand Syscalls
Sorry, they are all 'kernel' entries/exports, so they don't have/need syscall entries [syscalls are allocated for user exports only]

module: emc_sm.prx