New Firmware (2.70) boots from MEM Stick??

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

roland

New Firmware (2.70) boots from MEM Stick??

Post by roland »

HI

I thought this might be interessting here:

A Demo of Loco Roco is just been made available in Japan:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/titl ... al_dl.html

You need to update to 2.70 and copy the eboot.pbp (press the button that says DOWNLOAD!) in the directory PSP/GAME/UCJS10041 on your PSP..

Maybe it's good to reverse engineer or anything..

roland
reakt

Post by reakt »

But if you upgrade to 2.70 there's no way to downgrade again. You lose the ability to run homebrew after that.
roland

Post by roland »

Yes you are right.. I have my wife's PSP which I will try to update this weekend...

It's most likely the best idea to just get the eboot.pbp and try to reverse engineer it first!! :)
ufoz

Post by ufoz »

roland wrote:Yes you are right.. I have my wife's PSP which I will try to update this weekend...

It's most likely the best idea to just get the eboot.pbp and try to reverse engineer it first!! :)
Um, it's a signed eboot just like the firmware update eboots. Nothing new here, really.
roland

Post by roland »

oh ok.. so no need to update.. thanx for the info
[wl]

Post by [wl] »

sorry, i am absolutelly new in psp and even have no it, so, please explain me: eboot.pbp with lokoroco game is extracted to many different files, or run from eboot.pbp file?
if extracted, its possible to replace locoroko executable file to other and start another application, or some kind of CRC is calculated before starting? sorry again for noob questions, later i read all forum carefully to get in.
-
sorry for bad english
funetik

Post by funetik »

[wl] wrote:sorry, i am absolutelly new in psp and even have no it, so, please explain me: eboot.pbp with lokoroco game is extracted to many different files, or run from eboot.pbp file?
if extracted, its possible to replace locoroko executable file to other and start another application, or some kind of CRC is calculated before starting? sorry again for noob questions, later i read all forum carefully to get in.
It is run from the eboot.pbp, only on FW2.7 (from the GAMES dir)
If you changed anything in the file, the signature's changed and it won't run.

Think of a downloaded Album with an md5 number to check it. If you take 1 song out and replace it with a different song, the md5 won't match.
[wl]

Post by [wl] »

ic. looks like no other way to hack such things except writing own .pbp generator/packer...
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

This is absolutely nothing new. It just happens to be the first program other than the updaters that sony has released to run from the memstick. Other than being marked that it needs at least 2.7 firmware to run, this has nothing to do with the firmware at all.
2.7 didn't add any magical boot from memstick options. It was all already there.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development