Getting Naplink on the memory card?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

bendarr

Getting Naplink on the memory card?

Post by bendarr »

Allright. I've got PS2Menu running now. How do I get an ELF, such as NAPLINK or a small compiled program of my own, onto a memory card. Is this even possible? Everything seems to assume I have an ethernet adapter for the PS2. I do not.

Is there ANY way I can get NAPLINK running on the PS2? I seem to be having issues with making a CD thats readable on the console, so thats out.

TIA
apache37

Post by apache37 »

http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.ph ... tit&lid=54

Naplink bootable from memery card. How you get it on there just use nport or another tool.
bendarr

Post by bendarr »

apache37 wrote:http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.ph ... tit&lid=54

Naplink bootable from memery card. How you get it on there just use nport or another tool.
Thanks. Now how do I get nPort on to the MC? I cant seem to get ANY other files besides the BADATA save onto the memory card. I use an Action Replay Evo Max to transfer data.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

nPort is useless on the memory card because it's a MC<->host transfer tool. This means that you already need ps2link or naplink connected from your PC before launching it.
"He was warned..."
bendarr

Post by bendarr »

I got it all working. I had to go out and buy some new CD's. The ones I was using were crap. Just basically made a CD with naplink on it, called the file on the CD BOOT.ELF and replaced the BOOT.ELF in the BADATA-SYSTEM dir. Now when the PS2 boots up with a compatible CD in the drive, the exploit loads Naplink instead of PS2Menu. I feel stupid for not figuring this out earlier.

On a side note, if I tried running Naplinkfrom the CD, it would come up with an error saying the program returned 12. What does that mean?