Open Source Menu Creator!

The dumping ground for the crappiest of posts seen on these forums. Locked for posterity and updated when needed.

Moderators: cheriff, jbit

romero126

Post by romero126 »

Check it out takes an easy approach to developing menus, and controlling blits. Welcome to object oriented programming!

Just credit me on it and itll be cool (GlassEye)
Last edited by romero126 on Tue May 02, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teggles

Post by Teggles »

Ah, you decided to release it. There's no way we're using this anymore :) The fact that it is still labelled 'Meeku's Quest' is a bit worrying. You've left in all of the Meeku's Quest files. I'll please ask for you to remove them.
romero126

Post by romero126 »

Had no choice but too, Meekus Quest had not credited me for any of my work, In order to be credited for it I had to release it before they released it with the GNU license agreement, Heroux has done wrong by his developers by that. I wish you luck in deving for him though Youll need it. It will be updated in a short while. With Meekus quest removed from the menu.
Teggles

Post by Teggles »

The problem here is that you left in the code that I created, and did not credit me - even though the code had nothing to do with your release - the point stays that you left it in there, which is a bit hypocritical.
Danny769

Post by Danny769 »

romero i told you that they are nothing but problematic to work with.

Come work with me, id love if you did, your one of the best coder i know.
You deffinity put me to shame
Heroux

Post by Heroux »

^^ check the ip on that account I'm willing to bet it is 67.160.70.72 (romeros >__> / one Danny769 has never work or known any of the developers so thier claims are unfounded/void/null/nil)

Ahh I have a little time I may hands to solve such a silly dispute, anyways here is something that was posted on IFM that should clear things up -- not like anyone really cares.
Heroux wrote: Ahhh I just typed up a similar message and sent it to another member so I thought I'd share it with all the developers :) .

Romero126 has recently violated certain copyrights by releasing the games menu (which was designed by me, programmed by TEG, SoulKiller, and romero126) and claiming the work to be all his own and releasing it under a GNU license (at ps2dev and who know where else). A user informed me of this matter -- also said x members have received a PM from Romero that said, "Heroux was not going to give me credit for my work." I can assure you such claims are unfounded. To start I'm not even the one programming the credits :shock: , and he was added to the developers listing shortly after he brought it to my attention that he was not (he was not added before because he had not completed his first assignment, which was add scrolling to the menu, thus he had not qualified to be added -- not that his name wound not be present in the credits -- but I bypassed this rule and added him anyway a while ago). He made certain threats to "soil the names of other developers" and release menu under his name, which he has done.

I just felt like presenting the facts to you. Because he has violated such clearly define copyrights (see bottom of page and the description for every forum) by claiming your and others work to be his he has brought 4 easily won lawsuit resulting in $24,000 USD maximum fine, which do to server logs and taken in advance advidence there is more then grounds for a lawsuit.

I will have my acquaintance at Comcast (romero126 isp), Bill Jensen, the vice presedient of Comcast MN, look up the user information for romero126 so future action can be taken -- should the other developers, leader or myself deem it so.

Really this has little effect on anything besides romero126 wallet.

Here is the converstation that took place between romero and I (word for word)
romero126 wrote:Im not listed as a developer?
Heroux wrote: Oh -- that would be because you haven't finished your first assignment -- that being added a scroll bar to the menu. YEah I know >__> rules are rules >__> once you complete that you will be added -- and you will recieve all your bonus points for the menu. If you can make up the scroll bar quickly then that is all that techinquely needs to be done.

PEace
romero126 wrote:its been done.
Plus i also desgiend the main menu engine. and also the items menu.
Heroux wrote: Shocked really can you give me a download link? I just need to see the scroll bar that is it (and yes you will recieve extra points becuase of the other work). Just need a download.
romero126 wrote:becides (double post) I also finished a 2ndary goal. Engine for the menu. Which we talked about. and you assigned me after the fact.
Heroux wrote: Yes you did -- tech. it is the first that counts --but I feel in favor of rewritting the rules -- I'll add you Cool .

But I still would like to see this scrollbar Wink
romero126 wrote:ill post it in a bit.. just when i feel like the code is strong enough to withstand a bashing.

Like I said before though Ive been recodeing and rethinking the way the Items Menu works .. so it will take a little while for you to see my final results.
Heroux wrote: right.

That is fine --but do keep this in mind: May 20 is the deadline for the entire menu Shocked Shocked K?
romero126 wrote:Well to be honest you cant use my code until im listed regardless. Otherwise you are in violation of the GNU license that is attached to my work. So now you have the option of adding me or not. If im not added No code will be posted and added, and ill stop deving for you. Also my code will be posted on a open ended website so that the engine can be open to all who see it.

Your call.
Heroux wrote: If you read the contract that you agreed to when you created your account then you would relieze that you gave all rights the the oringization IFM upon posting them. And the images you used when coding and the ideas behind your code are also copyright of IFM Cool . Shocked Shocked Razz Wink

You'll be added when the side bar is completed it is that simple -- don't make threats
message lost:

romero126 was something like "no I didn't agree to anything like that" (didn't see the "WINK")

heroux: jokes back
it has been changed as of 5 days ago Wink
romero126 wrote:Btw may 20th would not work. GL though :-)
Heroux wrote: Btw may 20th would not work. GL though :-)

Well then Cool it must be done that week. There are reason,
romero126 wrote:http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=39727#39727

Posted the code. Just an old version . But then again it doesnt matter. Hooray GPL btw. I looked through your little EULA and it wont hold up to GPL :-) I know a few lawyers if you really feel cross about it.

BTW what happend to that one dude named Gameshark?
goes on to say he
romero126 wrote: will soil your reputation with the rest of the development community.

I'd highly recommend banning such a user. Stealing other work and claiming it to be his own, then releasing it to the public under a GNU license which he had no right to do, releasing secure data to the public, violating countless copyrights, trademarks (i.e. Meeku's Quest(tm) ), etc are by far from admirable traits. And actions will be taken against such a user.

Yeah there is a petty sup going on here -- anyone bring the chocolate 8-) , dam I'm in the mood for some popcorn myself
Danny769

Post by Danny769 »

Heroux you know me by another name,

I was origional assigned with writing the origional menu.
Ifound then stole my menu cleaned the code so that is was shorter, and then when i complained about it, he told me to get lost.

Heroux you and Ifound, are code stealing creaps.
And this is the longest project in the history of lua.

Here is a Hint to my idenity (My old sign)
"Live Strong"
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Too much drama! Locked.