Civilization PSP (Sid Meyers Civilization)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ColinZeal

Civilization PSP (Sid Meyers Civilization)

Post by ColinZeal »

Heh, sorry if I got you exited. :)

I haven´t ported it to the PSP. The only two reasons I have is I don´t have the knowledge how to do it nor the time to learn the proper skills for that.

So I turn to you guys.

Would someone please try to port it? I remember it fitting on a floppy so it shouldn´t be an impossible task as i´ve seen Descent, Red Alert and Quake ported to the system.

Please please please.
Last edited by ColinZeal on Thu May 04, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

You can already play this game on the PSP through emulators. Civ was released on a number of platforms that now have emulators - even on SNES. (http://www.consoleclassix.com/gameinfo_ ... n_smc.html)

Apart from that, you're not allowed to do software requests on this forum, so expect this topic to dissappear shortly.
ColinZeal

Post by ColinZeal »

Oh ok, didn´t know that.
Too bad.
:(

And i´ve been playing the SNES-version but the PC is superior.
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

ColinZeal wrote:Oh ok, didn´t know that.
Too bad.
:(

And i´ve been playing the SNES-version but the PC is superior.
Maybe try the Atari ST version for CaSTaway, as that emulator is great and the Atari ST matches the PC more closely, with mouse, keyboard, similar specs, etc.

Also, the Atari ST is probably the only truly legal emulator out there, as noone claimed its OS's rights after the company went bust. (The current Atari company is a software only brand revival)

You can get the game here: http://www.tphf.karoo.net/dbug/125p.htm
ColinZeal

Post by ColinZeal »

Oh thanks! I´ll try that version directly after i´ve finished my save.
:)
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

ColinZeal wrote:Oh thanks! I´ll try that version directly after i´ve finished my save.
:)
Turn off Palace Animation, that saves you some disk-swapping. ;) (you need two disks from that link I gave you, 135a and b)

It's not ideal, but I've checked and it is definitely the full version, looks nice and plays pretty decent. I had some trouble initially on confirming my name - I using the default names for everything. But other than that, it works just like I remember it. Good thing you can turn several animations off to speed things a bit, but in general it has pretty much the original speed (for the ST anyway).

I must say I was almost addicted again when I tried it. It's still a pretty neat game.