MediaCoder transcodes for PMP/PMP AVC

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

optimus

MediaCoder transcodes for PMP/PMP AVC

Post by optimus »

MediaCoder is a free universal audio/video batch transcoder, putting together lots of excellent audio/video codecs and tools from the open source community into an all-in-one solution, capable of transcoding among different audio/video formats with many extra features.
MediaCoder 0.5.0 comes with a plug-in infrastructure for implementing specific transcoding user interface for specific devices, like PSP, mobile phone, VCD/DVD players etc.
The PSP plug-in makes MediaCoder, which has tons of options that can be adjusted, an easy tool to convert video files to transcode your video files (AVI/MPG/MKV/MP4/RMVB/WMV) to PMP/PMP AVC files to enjoy on your PSP.

MediaCoder web site:
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

* PMP AVC support is only available in latest 0.5.0-pre

Ooops

Post by Ooops »

Thanks for the info, however I have a transcoding issue with it:

The app always ends complaining about settings and the logfile mentions "Status: [sampling rate != 44100]" with default setting but also if I force the audio rate at 44 or the original of my file: 48 Khz.

I used the last 0.5 pre 4 and also tried to use the dev_psp.dll you linked on PMP mod avc thread but without success. Do you have a clue about this or someone else does ? Thanks by advance.
Last edited by Ooops on Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Where is the source?
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
yoshaw

Post by yoshaw »

Ooops wrote:Thanks for the info, however I have a transcoding issue with it:

The app always ends complaining about settings and the logfile mentions "Status: [sampling rate != 44100]" with default setting but also if I force the audio rate at 44 or the original of my file: 48 Khz.
This is for PSP AVC right? If so,

In the Audio tab on the left side of the mediacoder application. Choose the 'Resample' drop down box and select 44100 Hz. Problem should be solved now, I hope.
yoshaw

Post by yoshaw »

Ooops wrote:Thanks for the info, however I have a transcoding issue with it:

In the audio tab on the left side of the mediacoder application. Choose the 'resample' drop down box and select 44100. Problem should be solved now! Let us know.
dot_blank

Post by dot_blank »

AVC audio MUST have a audio sample rate of 44100
overwise psp will see as corrupt
10011011 00101010 11010111 10001001 10111010
Ooops

Post by Ooops »

Sorry for my bad english: I did try as I posted first to choose 44100 and 48000 in th main tab instead of "mediacoder psp" presets windows. Unfortunately 44100 option didn't do the trick and now I know that 48000 has no chance to work, thanks for the replies.
Djakku

Post by Djakku »

just a guess but try changing the mp3 decoder to lamemp3 and set the encoder to lame mp3, don't forget to resample, since you know it won't work, and maybe it will work.
Good luck, hope this help

oh and Great program Optimus, I work fine with me.
I just don't like the psp conversion wizard interface, since it take too much of my 1024x768 screen's place, oh well :o
Sincerely, great work
dot_blank

Post by dot_blank »

AVC audio in mp3 ? no way do not do that
you need a proper aac audio track and that track
can have 1 or 2 channels and you can have up to 48000
audio sample rate and bitrate from 64-192 and probably
more higher but it works fine on psp
10011011 00101010 11010111 10001001 10111010
Ooops

Post by Ooops »

Djakku you guessed well: once I selected Lame decoder instead of Mplayer the audio conversion didn't fail anymore. Thanks all for the help, Arigato gozaimashita.
optimus

Post by optimus »

In 0.5.0 pre4, the audio sample rate isn't resampled to 44100, which leads the problem(in pre3 it's ok). Sorry for that. Please get the latest 0.5.0-pre5 here.
yoshaw

Post by yoshaw »

Wow, we're already on Pre5? I was working with pre1 all this while! 0_0 lol

Thanks for all the hard work and listening to suggestions optimus. Keep up the good work!
optimus

Post by optimus »

0.5.0 pre7 is released. It's on the way to go stable.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

So, you are abusing a free service, and I have a feeling abusing open source software, and are asking for donations?

Not to mention these "video converters" have little to nothing to do with psp software development...

So tell me why I shouldn't make you disappear?
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
ufoz

Post by ufoz »

Edit: ooh there's an SVN now
optimus

Post by optimus »

ufoz wrote:Edit: ooh there's an SVN now
There is always a SVN repository containing all the source code up there.
Actually I commit nearly once a day.
optimus

Post by optimus »

Drakonite wrote:So, you are abusing a free service, and I have a feeling abusing open source software, and are asking for donations?

Not to mention these "video converters" have little to nothing to do with psp software development...

So tell me why I shouldn't make you disappear?
What are you talking about man!?
I've continued to work on it for almost one year and never asked for anything! Talking about donation, all my donation in this year adds up to only $180. That's even far less than what I earned sitting in my office for a week.
So, you, don't use my software and get away!
psp

Post by psp »

thank you! good work optimus
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

optimus wrote: What are you talking about man!?
I've continued to work on it for almost one year and never asked for anything! Talking about donation, all my donation in this year adds up to only $180. That's even far less than what I earned sitting in my office for a week.
Dude, you have donation links and a huge section about donating! $180 is a lot for donations, especially for a small project like this...
Now, the problem I saw, was when checking that you weren't posting an ad link to a commercial product (which is quite frowned upon here.) it came to my attention you were posting on sourceforge, with the license set as 'gpl', almost definitely using various free code for the actual encoding work, and no source anywhere.
Now, while it's possible to be an issue with sourceforge that svn and such showed nothing (and I appoligize were that the case..), you blatently ignored me when I asked about source, which rather pissed me off.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
optimus

Post by optimus »

Drakonite wrote:
optimus wrote: What are you talking about man!?
Dude, you have donation links and a huge section about donating! $180 is a lot for donations, especially for a small project like this...
Now, the problem I saw, was when checking that you weren't posting an ad link to a commercial product (which is quite frowned upon here.) it came to my attention you were posting on sourceforge, with the license set as 'gpl', almost definitely using various free code for the actual encoding work, and no source anywhere.
Now, while it's possible to be an issue with sourceforge that svn and such showed nothing (and I appoligize were that the case..), you blatently ignored me when I asked about source, which rather pissed me off.
No one says open source projects cannot have Goggle Adsense on its website. On the contrary, many open source projects, including SourceForge itself, have Google Adsense.

Don't say it small, before you can do this yourself. Why on earth do you want the source code for such a small project.

Maybe $180 is much for you poor guy, but it doesn't count for me.

The source code is in SourceForge SVN since I started this project (formally in CVS)! If not for that, how can you see hundreds times of commitments.

As an ignorant person like you, you definitely don't know how to use SVN (I guess you are using web browser to open the SVN link) so that you see nothing. It's never my duty to answer your questions especially for person who only want to get never knows to contribute.
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

As an ignorant person like you, you definitely don't know how to use SVN (I guess you are using web browser to open the SVN link) so that you see nothing. It's never my duty to answer your questions especially for person who only want to get never knows to contribute.
that applies perfectly to drakonite indeed! now who is ignorant? LOL