wtf? PSPGL + Building Lists = undefined, but not implicate??

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

sg57

wtf? PSPGL + Building Lists = undefined, but not implicate??

Post by sg57 »

Code: Select all

main.o: In function `BuildLists':
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:53: undefined reference to `glGenLists'
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:54: undefined reference to `glNewList'
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:65: undefined reference to `glEndList'
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:67: undefined reference to `glNewList'
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:105: undefined reference to `glEndList'
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:107: undefined reference to `glNewList'
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:159: undefined reference to `glEndList'
main.o: In function `DrawGLScene':
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:441: undefined reference to `glCallList'
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:470: undefined reference to `glCallList'
/home/Owner/gl/zombie/main.c:470: undefined reference to `glCallList'
I am not recieving an implicate declaration because the PSPGL DOES in fact have the List commands, so why would i be getting this? I have the gl/gl.h included, is there a special lib (gl/-lgl?)? Here is my makefile:

LIBS += -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lz -lm -lc -lpsputility -lpspdebug -lpspge -lpspdisplay \
        -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lpspvfpu -lpsplibc -lpspuser -lpspkernel -lpsprtc -lpsppower -lstdc++
Please help as this is the ONLY thing keeping me from my compilation of this fun game ive created 8-]
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

you need -lpspgu
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
sg57

Post by sg57 »

Thx i added it but im still getting an undefined error.

LIBS += -lpspgu -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lz -lm -lc -lpsputility -lpspdebug -lpspge -lpspdisplay -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lpspvfpu -lpsplibc -lpspuser -lpspkernel -lpsprtc -lpsppower -lstdc++
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

link order matters
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
sg57

Post by sg57 »

Could you provide me with the right link order? Ive been messing with it for 10 minutes and nothing still. I still recieve an undefined reference.
LarryTM

Post by LarryTM »

My makefile looks something like that:

-lstdc++ -lglut -lGLU -lGL -l3ds -lm -lc -lpsputility -lpspdebug -lpspge -lpspdisplay -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lpspvfpu -lpsplibc -lpspuser -lpspkernel -lpsprtc  
but i think its pointless because :

Display lists are not supported. There is some non-functioning vestigial support. I'm still unsure whether they can be made to work in a sufficiently efficient and lightweight way.
source : pspgl homepage.

So, you'll get nothing. Blank screen. I already try that.

/lar
zilt

Re: wtf? PSPGL + Building Lists = undefined, but not implica

Post by zilt »

sg57 wrote: because the PSPGL DOES in fact have the List commands
No - PSPGL does NOT have List commands. Why not bother checking the documentation and the source code next time. glNewList, glEndList, and glCallList are declared but have _no_ definitions in the pspgl source code. glGenLists has a definition, but it is commented out in the Makefile. Not only that, but the documentation specifically says ( as mentioned about ), that display lists aren't supported.
sg57

Post by sg57 »

I had read the homepage of PSPGL but i didnt see that. And i had seen the header file and it does have the list commands, but if there not defined in the C source, then ya it wont work...

Oh well, do you guys know of anyway to converta list into something that will still work as one? Because lists seem like the only way ill be being able to do this.

Sorry for all the questions :-\

EDIT

Ill take a crack at it, but whatever was in my lists should be placed into seperate functions for each new list in it, as if in a sort of manual list? Ill try it now...
zilt

Post by zilt »

Depends on what you're trying to do. For instance, in my font rendering code ( a common place for display lists), I generate a vertex array to store the required vertices and texcorrdinates for the text string - you only need to do this once for the string. Then you just need to do a glDrawArrays() on it to display it each frame. Almost easier then calling the individual display lists over and over per frame.