Need some help with Visual Studio

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

pacman2323

Need some help with Visual Studio

Post by pacman2323 »

Ok, I have all the source files and I have Visual Studio installed. How do I get my source files into an Eboot that will run on my PSP?

I tried following these instrcutions: http://www.psphacks.net/content/view/296/

but they weren't very clear and some of the stuff it said to do just wouldn't work. Can someone help me out?
_00_

try another guide...

Post by _00_ »

pacman2323

Post by pacman2323 »

Ok, it says there are a few things that are required in cygwin, but I've already installed cygwin. Do I need to completely reinstall it to get those?
_00_

Post by _00_ »

pacman2323 wrote:Ok, it says there are a few things that are required in cygwin, but I've already installed cygwin. Do I need to completely reinstall it to get those?
If you can already compile from command line (in cygwin) then you don't have to re-install it.

Just one step: Copy elf2pbpm.exe in c:\cygwin\bin folder
pacman2323

Post by pacman2323 »

One other problem:

It says I need to copy 'Sony PSP Application.awx' and 'Sony PSP Application.hlp' to (Microsoft Visual Studio directory)\Common\MSDev98\Template directory

(mine would be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8) but in that folder there is no 'Common' folder. Theres one that's called 'Common7', but theres no MSDev98 or Template directory anywhere to be found. Where do I put those files?
_00_

Post by _00_ »

pacman2323 wrote:One other problem:

It says I need to copy 'Sony PSP Application.awx' and 'Sony PSP Application.hlp' to (Microsoft Visual Studio directory)\Common\MSDev98\Template directory

(mine would be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8) but in that folder there is no 'Common' folder. Theres one that's called 'Common7', but theres no MSDev98 or Template directory anywhere to be found. Where do I put those files?
I don't know .. but you can try:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC
or
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Express\VC

...Or check all README.TXT for text similar to this:

Code: Select all

The Visual C++ Resource Templates and Custom AppWizards are installed at this location. User-created Resource Templates should be copied here in order for them to show up in the Insert Resource dialog.
EDIT: Probably existing wizard is not compatible with newer version of VS. You may need to (update and) recompile source code (available on their page) for your version.
pacman2323

Post by pacman2323 »

You may need to (update and) recompile source code (available on their page) for your version.
How exactly would I do that?
_00_

Post by _00_ »

pacman2323 wrote:How exactly would I do that?
OK. Let me download Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition and check if I can help you.
pacman2323

Post by pacman2323 »

In my first post, I refollowed those instructions and I had to change some stuff in the settings, but I did get it to say completed successfully. Then I clicked Debug and at the top it says 'Running'. Does that mean it's copying it to my PSP and I should just let it run? Cause it's been going for quite a while and the PSP memory stick indicator isn't doing anything.
pacman2323

Post by pacman2323 »

Damn. It finished but I don't see any output files...